Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Centre armrest retrofit - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Centre armrest retrofit

So when searching for a 400 evora I quickly noticed they don't have a centre armrest like the s1 cars. Coming from an esprit it's nice to have somewhere to rest your arm!! 

So I thought I'd take a chance, went on de-roure website & ordered all the components for the s1 cars. 

I'm pleased to say it all fits & works 🙂

Parts ordered, plus screws which aren't in pic

_20190713_201324.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Centre console stripped down

_20190713_201402.JPG

Luckily the threaded nut serts are still installed on chassis, so simply a case of bolting down triangular base plate, used some thread lock on bolts

_20190713_201800.JPG

I am an 'add lightness' freak (I removed the silly tray on my S1 Elise, that sits on the chassis to the side of the drivers seat. I would happily remove the two trinket trays but I fear the adhesive is quite strong so I have been a coward). However, the arm rest is a must on the Evora for me. I have tried to drive without it by lifting it up, but I soon revert to the horizontal.

Great skills shown here Steve.

Justin

Thanks everyone... I'm just glad all the parts fit... 

I guess lotus never offered it as an option on the 400?? , I certainly didn't see any used cars on the market with it fitted and its not listed on the de-roure parts drawings.. 

Until all the bits arrived I was using a towel rolled up & covered in black tape... Hardly pretty but it worked 😅