Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No Corvette Stingray - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

No Corvette Stingray

Yeah the $60k (USD) base price it pretty misleading. No dealer is going to sell base versions of the C8. I have to imagine modestly configured will be at least $75 - $80k. Still great bang for your buck.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• Gold FFM

Funny tax that one. Was put in place to protect the Australian Car Manufacturing Industry.

What car manufacturing industry?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Yup. I would be interested to know which cars that we import now are NOT subject to it?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sounds like a bargain, but very few will be sold here because of the taxes. 

Base prize for v8 Mustang here In Finland is 77800 euros, so... 

"Older I get, faster I was"

So happy to attest that C7 is a totally brilliant car, in every aspect I can think of. If C8 will be the same, but taken to the next level - it's definitely a very promising candidate for a buy. :thumbsup:

Can only imagine how good it would be with Z06 power and double clutch gearbox in C8...

• 2 weeks later...

There has been more than enough talk of the impact of the C8 Corvette on the sports/supercar market from a price perspective.  I’d like to take a different look at this car and others.  Aside from price, the C8 Vette is also a re-imagining of what a car like this should be.  Inside the car, everything is angle towards the driver, even the infotainment screen.  Love it or hate it, I haven’t seen an interior design like it.  And then let’s talk about some things we have not seen before.  The front end lift that can remember 1000 different locations, the rear view mirror which is a camera, eliminating blind spots, blind spot warning (certainly not new, but not at all common in sports/supercars), heads up displace (HUD) another feature not seen in this class of car, a trunk large enough to make the car practical for daily use,  and the removeable roof (a continuation from the C7, but even more striking of a feature on a mid-engine car.  Put all of this together and you are really presenting a different view of what this kind of car should be.  For example, people speak of the R8 and the NSX as being supercars you can drive daily.  Well the Vette has redefined what is daily driveable sports/supercar is.  The price plays into this as well because the car is cheap enough that people probably won’t be afraid to actually drive the thing for fear of the depreciation hit.

There will likely be enough of these cars produced that the C8 will probably force other car makers to re-think which should go into a sports/supercar.  That in the long run may be as important as the price point this car is coming in.

• Like 1