Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone running 215 Michelin Cup 2 tyres on the front of their 350 with 5 spoke wheels? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone running 215 Michelin Cup 2 tyres on the front of their 350 with 5 spoke wheels?

Hi Guys,

Per the title, is anyone running 215 Michelin Cup 2 tyres on the front of their 350 with standard 5 spoke wheels?

If yes, can you please share some pics?  I'd like to compare the look to the MPS4 in 215 size on the same wheel.

thx

joe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I do, to me there is no way to tell the difference between the two size in terms of look (but then I also can't feel 2psi tyre pressure change :blush:). If you want some specific type of pictures - I can get those tomorrow, just let me know which angle you'd like to see

Ooh fab thx. 👍 yes can you take some pics pls? Perhaps full side on. Front quarter view. Rear quarter view and close up of wheel. I’ll attach some samples. Cheers. 

37CD48C2-B2DB-40E5-9290-F7077DA8922E.jpeg

FB14AEF1-E4D7-4EC4-A0DA-06D5C2561218.jpeg

DA71E61F-2B2E-41A2-B20A-B1CD87FC9D0B.jpeg

B8F4D8E4-91D4-47C3-8F6F-9AA36FF0C6F3.jpeg

Its gonna take a good look to see the 5mm difference at the outside for tje tyre only. 

However, I run 5mm spacers which I do notice... (but that's the whole wheel coming 5mm out) 

Edit: should have posted this in the MPS4 thread... I was a bit confused by two threas on basically the same topic. 

Edited by Kristof Thys

59 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

Its gonna take a good look to see the 5mm difference at the outside for tje tyre only. 

However, I run 5mm spacers which I do notice... (but that's the whole wheel coming 5mm out) 

Edit: should have posted this in the MPS4 thread... I was a bit confused by two threas on basically the same topic. 

No worries. As the two tyres are different and as the forged multi spoke wheels that the cups usually sit on are different to the 5 spoke cast wheels the optics are very different indeed.  Hence the two threads. Also, the two different titles were intended to capture the attention of two different audiences.  Sorry for any confusion. 🙏🏻

Im running 225/45 front and 275/35 rear using Bridgestone RE-71R and they work well with no rubbing that I have been able to feel or see.  It is important to check the actual tread-width on the selected tire as they do vary for the same size.

15 minutes ago, jpr said:

Im running 225/45 front and 275/35 rear using Bridgestone RE-71R and they work well with no rubbing that I have been able to feel or see.  It is important to check the actual tread-width on the selected tire as they do vary for the same size.

Which wheels do you have? Any pics pls? Thx. 

1 hour ago, Jcx said:

if you are able to share a few pics that would be fab

Still on my way home, will be there in about an hour and take a few shots to post here (won't be as pretty and tidy as yours :blush:)

1 minute ago, vd9 said:

Still on my way home, will be there in about an hour and take a few shots to post here (won't be as pretty and tidy as yours :blush:)

Thanks mate.  No worries... i'll take all i can get.  My pics were taken on the day of collection :thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks. Such a different look. No ‘stretch’ at all. Very different tyre profile. Love it. 

Is your suspension standard or modified?

They look absolutely brilliant thank you! So much fuller on the wheels. 

Is your suspension standard @vd9

Also was your Geo redone for the cups? How does it feel?

thx again!

Edited by Jcx

13 hours ago, Jcx said:

@Ali tuck did you have your geometry modified as well? I have seen that the service docs call for different geo with cup2s after MPS4 tyres. 

Yep had a ‘track based’geo done,which resulted in adjusting camber....apparently geo is not the best straight out of the factory 

standard suspension......for now!!

Edited by Ali tuck
Adding text
  • Like 1

@Jcx, thank you for the kind words even for a very not clean car :stuart:

Standard suspension with unchanged from the factory geo. I wanted full alignment to be done last year, but it was literally impossible to make the guy running service in B&C to do the paid job (crazy, I think - one of the reasons I have no intention to service it there ever again).

She's due to get new tyres (new set of PSC2 sits in the garage) and full geo sometime rather soon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vd9 said:

@Jcx, thank you for the kind words even for a very not clean car :stuart:

Standard suspension with unchanged from the factory geo. I wanted full alignment to be done last year, but it was literally impossible to make the guy running service in B&C to do the paid job (crazy, I think - one of the reasons I have no intention to service it there ever again).

She's due to get new tyres (new set of PSC2 sits in the garage) and full geo sometime rather soon.

Take it to Back on Track - B&C can be hard work sometimes but they're been good with me so far

They came with the car when I bought it.  it seems the consensus is that while not a lot faster than the cup 2 tires, they are more consistent and take more punishment for the wear. No rubbing. Just cleaned my wheel wells and no sign of them touching any part of the body on the stock rims.

Jpr

Edited by jpr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to lack of Tropheo availability, I am now on the cup 2s with 215 on the front. My car was set up to 'R' geo with the Tropheo and this needs redoing really since the 215s have raised the car ever so slightly.

There is no contact / rubbing problem.

However, for track use - I have 265 on the rear and I think the tendency of the rear to lighten on severe heavy braking from high speeds is only made 'worse' (I am talking relatively here) with the bigger front footprint. I counter this with compression and rebound adjustments, when I should fit different springs but...

Aesthetics is one thing, but I don't think on its own it helps the dynamics and the chassis if set up correctly doesn't really need bigger fronts in isolation. Going wider all round is a different story.

• Like 1