Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So I Bought An Apple Iphone Today .... - Page 2 - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So I Bought An Apple Iphone Today ....

fmxa

I've needed a car stereo for the Esprit since I've had it and I've just ordered this bad boy to go with my iPhone :lol:

ida-x001.jpg

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...?model=iDA-X001

It does everything I want, Bluetooth for the phone too and it even charges my phone when it's plugged in, no more car chargers!

It retails at

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

oh...that Fujitsu 1010 was ok...except (thx to) the Window Vista....which is possibly the slowest OS in the world!!!

I finally switched to iPhone, too (cracked, no bundle with expensive service plan)!!!

the Safari on my iPhone can help me surf the internet in 3 different web sites (banking, stock, news)

before the Window Vista on my Fujitsu 1010 actually starts the main window....

**I sold the Fujitsu already....and I also buy alot of Apple stock,hehe

I have got the previous Alpine unit in my car, no Bluetooth, but does control my Ipod, so no jiggling finger while I try and find the track I am looking for. I have been looking at the new version too nice as it has full colour screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the HTC Touch just before Christmas

$249 with 2 year contract

elffrontqt6.jpg

www.htctouch.com/

Really cool.

Runs Windows Mobile 6

The touch screen isn't as nice as the iPhone, but it works really well. The QWERTY keyboard is large and easy to use, and the text prediction is excellent, includes french words such as "exige"...

In the USA Sprint has doubled it's CPU to 400MHz, and the memory is double the rest of the world, and it works with the 8GB micro SDHC cards.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis, how does the browser resolution compare to the iphone?

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Travis, how does the browser resolution compare to the iphone?

The screen is 2.8" instead of the iPhone at 3.5"

and the resolution is lower at 320x240, iPhone is 480x320.

But you know what, I don't really have a problem with it. Everything is clear and legible, I also turned on ClearType so it liike nice and not grainy.

I've used the Internet Explorer browser that came with Windows Mobile 6, and the Opera 4 mini browser (free download). And I like both.

IE doesn't do as well with formatting the page, and you can't see a whole page as it would look on a normal pc. But it does use the nice keyboard, unlike Opera which won't let me use the touch keyboard, it always defaults to the password qwerty keyboard with each letter being on a different key, and no text recognition???

The Opera browser is nice in that it allows you to see the whole webpage unformatted, and zoom into the area that you click on! Also the Opera browser is really nice at caching several pages so you can navigate back quickly, IE does not cach anything, each page has to reload. Opera also autoformats, as an option, very well! It also will follow blocks of text as they shift, such as indented text, which I really like.

I also have the entire Lotus Esprit service manual in PDF on the phone, and it works perfectly, I can read all the pages, all 2000 pages.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

yes, HTC is the OEM factory for most PDA products in the world (that includes some major US brand names)

the HTC touch has introduced a new product called HTC touch Duo (that's with a keyboard)

it has a bigger brother called TyTNII, which is as expensive as a standard size notebook, now one can see how profitable these phones are...

my cousin uses HTC touch while I use iPhone,

as far as I know, there are 3-party software to make the HTC touch display looking like an iPhone..haha..

both are great products!

**by the way, I include 2 new HTC models for 2008

Edited by esprithk

Yea, I don't see the point of the HTC Touch Dual, with the little keypad... Totally not needed!

THe Touch Cruise adds GPS and turn by turn navigation like TOMTOM, but it's too big...

They TyTN has the full keyboard, my boss has one, but it is thick and huge. and the Touch has all of the functionality without the size...

I'd much rather have the flexibility of a software interface, and no physical buttons...

I tried to help a coworker use Windows Mobile 5 on his Dash (also made by HTC) with no touchscreen, and it was frustrating navigating with the direction buttons anymore, the Touch is so nice... You see it, you touch it!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 5 months later...

I just ordered my free upgrade to the iPhone 3G today. I'm sure there will be little difference as I'm mainly on wifi at home but the inbuilt GPS will be a bonus :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Apple web site seems to suggest the GPS is visual only i.e. no verbal directions read out by John Cleese

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I just flashed a new ROM to my HTC touch that added aGPS (for free), EVDO Rev A speeds (HSDPA) and Windows Mobile 6.1.

Even happier now, download speeds are very fast.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I am thoroughly peeved off with this 3g release. I wasn't that interested last year with the original iphone but having had big issues with my sonyericc P990i and poor home coverage with Orange I thought a new mobile/provider was necessary. So I've been pestering my local carphonewarehouse for over a month and on the 10th of July they rang me to say that they were not receiving any 16 gig iphones and getting only 2 8 gig ones.

On the friday morning i did make an effort (0730) and got in que at a bigger cpw store but they only had 2 16 gig iphones and they were snapped up by the 15 peeps infront of me. What really annoyed me was when the cpw employee said that they do have plenty of iphones in the warehouse and orders will be honoured this coming week. Why just not fill the shop shelves in the first place?!

I think there must have been less than 20 16 gig iphones for the whole of Nottingham.

I wish now that i had persued a purchase on-line, think I stood a better chance.

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

well, Apple is charging iPhone 3G user in using the GPS system!! (this is supposed to be free technology!)

Not heard this either. I have been using the GPS and its not great, It tried to make me drive down a bike trail!!

Also could not get the directions to update, no voice either, roll on Tom Tom :)

Also can't get my iTrip auto working with it :evil:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

If Laura can get one she's a better man than me.

According to O2 there are no 16g in the country and about a dozen 8g throughout the whole Uk that are for sale...........hence the ebay premium I suppose.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

If Laura can get one she's a better man than me.

According to O2 there are no 16g in the country and about a dozen 8g throughout the whole Uk that are for sale...........hence the ebay premium I suppose.

Graham.

According to O2 they are expecting a delivery of some 16gb on the 25th July, 8gb are available in small numbers.

I was lucky enough to order my 16gb on the 10th and it turned up 1st thing on the 11th :devil:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 1 month later...