Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Cars 23rd September 2007 - Page 3 - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Cars 23rd September 2007

except parking is at the Norfolk Showground rather than Hethel and then Buses will be laid on to get you to and from (Don't understand this with such a huge parking area).

Ian I understand what you say, but I sincerely hope this doesn't stop anyone coming to my birthday party as it will be great to see you all there. Also, MJK will be there and relaxing so you can have a "real" chat with him out of work mode.......not that I thought you wouldn't be coming for anything other than me of course!

Love the parking, allowing for starting the car, reversing out of the drive (having moved the Peugeot out of the way), I guess driving there will save me 5 mins over walking.

Needless to say, I'll be driving.

Andy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on holiday from 21st!!!!! Can't believe I'm gonna miss this one! Will be advertising it on LEW to catch anyone who's not on here too often.

Spoken to Caroline and she says you just need to mention LEF/LEW when you ring up and book your tickets. Hopefully we can get strong numbers, which will show lotus that we are a big group and worth listening too!

I'm sure it'll be a great day with the LEF/LEW stand and 3 cars as a meeting point!

Really sorry to be missing this one!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Goes without saying really, its an event, i have to be there don't I :D

room on sat and poss sun? - may have a plan for monday....... :thumbsup:

[edit]

:rofl:: dates not available :( would have liked to have done a 'scare youself sencible' day on the monday

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Umm... how many Anniverary in September ? :thumbsup:

it sound like every weekend in september !

Our Danish Lotus Club has 30th and I think Lotus 7 has 50th

and 40th (Tony and this).... :rofl:

But I like party !!!

Y.Hotta

I'll be there :wallbash:

Just spotted more info on the Club Lotus website (apologies if I've missed it in the thread)

Classic Team Lotus will have several of their fabulous F1 cars on track and Lotus Sport will also be demonstrating the GT3 and the Exige 265E. The 2-Eleven will also be along with, we're told, some 'surprises'.

Let's hope they get dry weather and Classic Team Lotus can put on an even better show of the cars than at their own rather damp 40th celebrations <_<

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Mike Sekinger has offered his GT1 project to us for the stand too which is ace and also Gordon and Fraser have agreed to have 100G on the stand. That's BigSi, Mike S and Gordon Masson, nice :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Been trying to get Caroline at Hethel to book, apparantly she's away on hols for another 10 days or so and the young lady who answered her phone had just started and didn't know of anyone else who could take bookings.

Great selection of cars there. Particularly looking forward to seeing Mike's.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

It will be a privilege to have my car on display. I am also very much looking forward to meeting so many Esprit enthusiasts and there should be so much to see and do on the day.

Mike Sekinger has offered his GT1 project to us for the stand too which is ace and also Gordon and Fraser have agreed to have 100G on the stand. That's BigSi, Mike S and Gordon Masson, nice :)

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Bibs

Yeah, maybe a bit premature in e-mailing all the clubs as Caroline seems to be away.

I have been in contact with Wensum Valley and they have a "temporary" large booking over that weekend. I have spoken to Basil (the owner) and he has told them they have to book with deposits by next Monday or he opens up 50 rooms for us. So watch this space. As soon as he tells me I'll let you all know and then, assuming they don't pay, we need to get our bookings in quick to show commitment.

Will be great to sit and chat into the wee hours with you all again....twice in a month!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Well thats our flights booked :)

Fraser is chuffed that he is getting another trip down to Hethel... all we need now is a family room at the Wensum.

Looking forward to seeing you all again :)

Kimbers, there is someone looking after things in Caroline's absence, I'm in contact with her. :blush:

The message on Caroline's answer machine said to ring Lesley on 01953 608461 for tickets in her absence. Mind you I didn't have much luck geting through to her either !.

Martyn :thumbsup:

Just clocked onto this - can't wait, dont forget to book the sun as well !!

(rain less day at Hethel....theres a thought) :blush:

Finally get to see the GT1 :thumbsup:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Apart from ordering a ticket, could someone lay out the plans in a little more detail

eg: Hotel venue details if we are all meeting up on the Saturday, Meeting point location for the day etc,. I didnt do the last hethel so dont assume everyone is in the know.

cheers

Alex

Bibs,

In the meantime do we hold off ordering tickets etc?

I'm sure no one on here wants to miss out.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Just phoned Lotus chasing tickets again to be told Caroline is now on holiday till the end of July and Lesley is dealing with ticket allocation. Lesley as usual is on answerphone but I've left a message asking for a return call.

Any news Kimbers on where we may be laying our drunken heads the night before?(subject to obtaining a ticket for the big event)

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Gordon,

I booked the family room last year, what ever you do dont book this room. It's the smelliest and noisiest room in the hotel. it will keep you up all night! It's right underneather the kitchens and tee shop.

Well thats our flights booked :)

Fraser is chuffed that he is getting another trip down to Hethel... all we need now is a family room at the Wensum.

Looking forward to seeing you all again :)

Lesley is in meetings today and tomorrow about the event so I'd try her on Friday. In total, with us and others, there will be 10,000 people there!

Kimbers is awaiting a reply from the Wensum Valley re availability and we'll know as soon as he knows :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi Gordon,

I booked the family room last year, what ever you do dont book this room. It's the smelliest and noisiest room in the hotel. it will keep you up all night! It's right underneather the kitchens and tee shop.

We had a family room too which was ok ... there must be a couple of them.

Really looking forward to it anyway :)