Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Leven Car company goes into administration - Page 6 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Leven Car company goes into administration

I've looked at two 570s Andrew. But they would need a sports exhaust. My god they are quick! 👍

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 months later...

Parks service centre appear open byt no sign of Lotus on their Franchises. Hayton in Carlise have never contacted me regarding the warranty work that was booked in April  so they are running true to form ;)

25 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You've pretty much answered your own question there mate. 

Perhaps I have... but the issue of no dealer and promises about big announcements were made long before lockdown. 

it’s just very frustrating to have no dealer and the closest being over 200 miles away. Last I heard Hayton’s technician had left and they couldn’t handle any service work, although this situation may have been resolved. 

I messaged Graeme Robertson on Facebook but he couldn’t provide a firm update. We live in hope

It's a shit situation and the lack of communication is appalling. A simple update either on progress or that previous plans have collapsed would be appreciated I am sure and not that hard these days. It's not as if they'd have to walk 20 miles to the nearest Telegram office in Norwich!

The silence though is utter shite and gives the impression that Lotus just is not bothered even though this will not be the case.

In the meantime CMC continues to fly the flag and truly delight customers with an open transparent approach and solid workmanship to keep current owners cars on the road 

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great to hear Parks are still going ahead but why the hell are they putting it in Ayr??! Surely Edinburgh or Glasgow would have made a whole lot more sense🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Bibs

Ayr!  FFS. Really?

Well I'm sorry but that'll be the death of Lotus in Scotland. Ok if you live in Glasgow and surrounding area but for everyone else then you're fcuked.

Total disaster but hey ho.

Anyone who lives in the East will not want to drive through to Ayr. Minimum two hours each way, through Glasgow for me, from Aberdeen it will be nearer 4.  There'll be little incentive to buy your Lotus in Scotland.

Hamilton OK for servicing so that's something.

Ayr. FFS. Really. I just cannot see the logic at all. I mean, it's a run down seaside town full of old grannies and wot not. Might as well as put it in Oban. At least the drive there would be spectacular.

FFS 

Sorry. Just gobsmacked. Even pished, blindfolded, sticking a pin in a map I bet I'd have chosen a better location.

Ayr!........     

The small print.

In total agreement. What is the business model for that an why did Lotus say that would be a great location for selling the brand. Words fail me 😕

Hayton Carlisle still not reopened 🤔 However I got through to their Penrith dealership Branch and they can do the Fuel rack warranty job if any one is looking to get it carried out as I am. 

• Like 1

I have sent a letter of disgust to Lotus customer services enquiring about both Carlisle and Ayr dealerships 

I agree with others. A dealership in Ayr would absolutely kill the brand in Scotland. Ayr is so far remote even for me in Edinburgh. I feel sorry for the folks in Aberdeen and even further north. It has to be in the central belt for it to work. If this is indeed the case I think it will be the last straw for a few owners, who’s loyalty has really been tested of late with the slow response to deal with this problem (COVID aside but this has been an issue long before COVID)

thankfully we have Craig Moncrief in Edinburgh, but buying a new car and promoting brand following will not be achieved by having the main dealer based in Ayr. Servicing in Hamilton is great, but new car sales will plummet. If true, what a sad situation.  

Yup. Parks have a place in Dunfermline, Perth and Stirling so they choose Ayr. Crazy crazy.

The small print.

17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yup. Parks have a place in Dunfermline, Perth and Stirling so they choose Ayr. Crazy crazy.

They have a Prestige and Performance showroom in Ayr so presumably that will be where Lotus will go. 

So not the Dacia one then @j2 lot?

Still a bloody stupid location though.

The small print.

Going by the "plan" so far I am assuming the other one will be in Thurso!

• Like 1

The small print.

To be honest @Andrew C whenever I drop a car off for a service the courtesy car they provide you is usually an inferior one. So yes, probably will be a McLaren.

image.jpeg.6f9b04b35e8b693d2587c19421666b0f.jpeg

• Haha 2

The small print.

Finally got a reply frim Callum Smith at customer services....... Looks like they are really getting their teeth into it 🤔😉.   "Thank you for the 2 emails, we are currently looking into your claims and we will respond accordingly" 

Any one have Phil Popham's Email address?