Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Leven Car company goes into administration - Page 7 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Leven Car company goes into administration

Further reply 

Thank you for the email, we are sorry you feel it’s necessary to contact again on this topic.

Unfortunately the demise of Leven Lotus and then Covid-19 restrictions along with lockdown has left a lot of our customers in an unfortunate position with Recalls, Warranty repairs and general servicing and maintenance at our Dealers. Rest assured we are doing everything we can behind the scenes to assist our Dealers with reopening, whilst talks are progressing forward with Parks Motor Group.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the proposed location for the Parks Motor Group Lotus Dealer, as this is still in discussion with the Network Development Team. Yet we thank you for taking for taking an interest in our business model and our proposed Dealer locations.

Once Parks Motor Group are fully operational, our customers in Scotland will be able to use the Dealer for their Lotus Servicing and Warranty requirements. Until such time this happens, the nearest Dealer is currently David Hayton in Carlisle. I have contacted the operational manager at David Hayton and I can confirm they planning to safely reopen their operation with a Lotus Technician scheduled on a rota to assist Lotus customers with their needs, although the date is to be confirmed.

In the meantime should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us by return.

Craig M recommended Christopher Neil Oakmere Ltd to me for some costly in terms of labour warranty work over Carlisle dealership. What’s the consensus experiences here please. 
Many horror stories with either? I’m inclined to take Craig’s advice. 

Thanks in advance. 

Oakmere has a good reputation as far as I am aware.  Been Lotus dealers for years and also good with the VX220. I grew up near them when they were Christopher Neil.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 10/06/2020 at 19:44, Andy Norman said:

Craig M recommended Christopher Neil Oakmere Ltd to me for some costly in terms of labour warranty work over Carlisle dealership. What’s the consensus experiences here please. 
Many horror stories with either? I’m inclined to take Craig’s advice. 

Thanks in advance. 

I’ve heard good things but I can only go on my experience of buying the 430 and they never bothered to sort a stone chip they promised they would, a rear reg light was out and not picked up and replaced and to top it off they never secured the front carbon access panel that subsequently nearly flew off on the motorway on the trip home.

Attention to detail and care both lacking it would seem!

Update from Hayton Carlisle is that warranty work will still not be available for Lotus for some time. They are trying to book me in for the fuel rack recall on the S3 Elise at their Penrith branch (Toyota I am guessing). Sounds likely that they don't have a trained tech or facility operating post Covid. 

Thanks Twin Rotor. The drive from Berwick to Penrith provides some Epic driving opportunities both ways so hence I was leaning that way. But I will use Park's if it doesn't come off. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope everyone else was able to get their cash back or service work done.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great result Toeside.

• Like 1

The small print.

@C8RKH Just so you are aware.....the Service Plan provider never held the customers Service Plan fund - Leven did. Don’t ask me how I know......but I know this to be the case. You did well to get the credit card company to cover the cost. Great result for you👍 What new carbon bits did you buy? For the Evora?

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm having a bit of a wet dream at the moment about my garage having a new Exige 410 Sport (20th Anniversary model in the red or chrome orange) sitting next to the Evora Sport 410.  I can't help thinking I'd be one helluva lucky and privileged guy if I could pull it off!

🤔 white privilege....... I’ll get my coat....:getmecoat:

• Haha 2

Only here once

@Barrykearley - it doesn't matter! ;)

• Haha 1

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a claim to the administrators for the service plan which was sold with my Sport 220 (value noted on the invoice was £600) - still not heard anything. Sadly paid for the car via p/x and balance as a bank transfer, so can't claim via Section 75. Slowly beginning to think I'm just going to have to write it off as a sunk cost now.

After wanting a Lotus for nearly 20 years, this whole debacle has put some doubt in my mind whether I'll stick with the brand going forward.

You can't really blame the brand / manufacturer @aJayMitchell for a dealership failing, hardly Lotus' fault given Leven where an award winning RR, Aston Martin dealer too.

The small print.

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You can't really blame the brand / manufacturer @aJayMitchell for a dealership failing, hardly Lotus' fault given Leven where an award winning RR, Aston Martin dealer too.

Don't think I said I was putting the blame on Lotus for Leven's downfall? It's more the lack of clarity and communication over the last 6 months, and now the rumours that they're going to put the new dealership in Ayr. For somebody living North of Aberdeen - that would be a death sentence for Lotus ownership longer term.

• Like 2

Lack of communication and support for customers requiring dealer support and warranty for their vehicles 

Lotus simply didn't provide it. 

You mentioned the "brand" which is Lotus, whereas the dealership is separate, hence my comments. I agree with you re the location as I live in Perthshire and a new dealer in Ayr is about as welcome as an STD to me to be honest.

• Like 1

The small print.

14 hours ago, Toeside said:

Lack of communication and support for customers requiring dealer support and warranty for their vehicles 

Lotus simply didn't provide it. 

I agree that in THIS instance the reaction and action has been slow, poor, and not good enough.

No doubt the cry will be Covid, but all I'll say to that is that the company I work for has continued operations and fully supported our clients throughout the past 4 months.

However for balance Lotus has fully supported me at other times and gone the extra mile.

Why I am still a customer 👍

I am sure the decision on the location of the new dealership was heavily influenced by the Dealer Principal. My message to them would be you've got the location wrong given Haytons in Carlisle, just down the coast in Carlisle lol. It's probably as quick for me to get to Carlisle as it is Ayr! Somewhere central like Stirling would have been ideal.

Hamilton for the services is OK but for me not great. So Craig's it will be.

Maybe I should start a crowdfunding site to open in a dealer in Perth opposite the OPC at Broxden. 😂🤣😂🤣

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Anybody else been getting plagued recently by calls from Macklin Motors?

It started just over a week ago when a call came through on my mobile from an Edinburgh number that I didn't recognise. I was driving at the time so just ignored it but they became quite persistent, calling a further 4 times in less than 2 hours.

Eventually I was in a position to answer a call, curious to find out who needed to speak to me so desperately that they had to keep trying but not so desperately that they didn't feel the need to leave a message on my voicemail.

"Good afternoon Mr Boyd," they started, "this is xxxxx from Macklin Motors in Edinburgh. I see from our records that you bought a vehicle from the previous company here about 5 years ago and we were wondering if you still have that car, were you considering a change as we've got a number of exciting offers on new cars at the moment with excellent trade-in prices".

"I'm afraid that you have me at a disadvantage xxxxx," I replied, "but I'm not fully familiar with the ranges of vehicles produced by either Kia or Mitsubishi. Could you enlighten me as to which 2-seater, minimum of a V6-powered,  hand-built, mid-engined sportscar you had in mind as a suitable replacement for my Lotus Evora?" (I didn't tell them I actually have a 2+2 as that would only have confused the matter before anybody comments - @C8RKH 😝 )

After some stuttering and spluttering they apologised for bothering me but since then they have continued to call me several times a day on both my mobile and home landline, 😠 . It came to a head this morning when, after their 3rd attempt to reach me inside an hour, I got fed-up and answered.

"I believe one of my colleagues spoke to you last week about the offers we have on at the moment and wondered if you'd had time to consider any of them?" 

I was perhaps a little bit grumpy at that particular juncture as I was trying to get some sleep after having worked a 14 hour nightshift so I may have been just a tad brusque in telling them what they could do with their Far Eastern conveyances. Ooooops! :whistle:

Number now blocked, in case they didn't get the message earlier, so hopefully I'll get some peace and quiet from now on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1