Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Leven Car company goes into administration - Page 8 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Leven Car company goes into administration

Yes David I have had three calls this week from Macklin Motors in Edinburgh this week asking if I would like a test drive in a Kia , and now getting Emails from them.

Edited by twinrotor2
more text added

• Gold FFM

Although I'm not proud of my little telephonic outburst the other day, it does seem to have had the desired effect. Not a cheep from them since, :D .

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I thought that I'd been reasonably polite, if a little sarcastic, on the first call that I answered but they got me at a bad time with the subsequent one. Having just finished an extended nightshift with barely 9 hours to get home, have something to eat, sleep, then get back to work for the next shift, I really didn't appreciate it when the phone started ringing every few minutes shortly after my head hit the pillows.

I'm normally quite a placid, laid-back sort of guy - honest! :D

Had really hoped we would have heard more about the proposed dealership/service centre in Scotland by now. Any news @Bibs from your sources. I understand Park’s have taken on the franchise and one of the Hamilton service branches are doing some work.....but nothing more than that. Would love to know more👍 I had heard Ayr for a showroom but I’m hoping that’s not the case as it’s location doesn’t make sense 

I have had emails back and forward from Hethel over the lockdown period. 
They have suggested in one email that things are continuing to move much more slowly than they anticipated. My interpretation of that is ‘don’t hold your breath’ regarding a Scottish solution. They did acknowledge it was poor show for the Scottish contingency though. As a result mine is off to Oakmere for a new drive belt which is an engine out job and a new AC condenser unit. ( I said it wasn’t going to Hayden’s given the posts I’ve seen about them). They’ve looked at CMC’s report which he gave to me and are going to ship the parts to Oakmere ready for my cars arrival. Work required, when the cars been assessed by a Lotus approved centre technician 🤷🏻‍♂️, will be completed under warranty although it’s run out on my Cup. 
Onwards and upwards hopefully. 

Given it’s warranty work they could’ve done a lot worse than pick up your car in a transporter and take it to Oakmere and bring it back to you once it’s all sorted. I also think at the very least Lotus should now accept that Craig Moncreiff should be approved as an Lotus Approved repairer as there are others in the country - this whole is situation is starting to get ridiculous and extremely poor show by Lotus. There is answer to this and they’re choosing mot to take it.
I’m trying to find out what’s happening with Parks from a contact I have in the business......will report back if I get anything worth sharing.

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 2

"My interpretation of that is ‘don’t hold your breath’ regarding a Scottish solution"

Morning. Disappointed to hear that. The last communication I received from Lotus suggest an announcement would be made by the end of June re Scottish dealership. Clearly past that date now, does not look good.

Scott

9 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Hmm, I don't know the ins and outs of being an approved service centre. Is Craig on here to comment?

I'm taking my Evora to Craig this afternoon for it's 2nd Service. His stamp is worth far more than a Hayton Lotus one and I know his team will do a 100% proper job. He now looks after three of my cars (Evora, VX220 and S90) two of which are under manufacturers warranty.

I'll ask him about the approved Service Centre status but (1) he may not want to be quoted - which i will respect and (2) I am sure Park's will put a spanner in the works for that idea!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Parks have 2 pages of Franchises on their webpage......but there looks to be room for a small one down at the bottom next to our close friends Volvo - hopefully will be pinned there soon🤞👍

5F27E067-988F-4EAC-9B87-54A37B6722FB.jpeg

912712F7-8C93-425E-8846-7FE2052837EC.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Some very good news on the horizon folks, there will be further information shortly. 

Yadder yadder. Heard that before!  🤣😂

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Some very good news on the horizon folks, there will be further information shortly. 

Please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC............

15 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC, please say CMC............

Very much doubt it Andy - it’s going to be Parks I think

I spoke to Craig today when I took my car in for a service. For some reason I burnt 54litres of fuel getting home from the service!  :whistle:

I believe he has had dialogue with Lotus but it's not my place to interfere. Let's just say that my car was well looked after and drove beautifully on the way home. Great service as ever.

• Like 2

The small print.