Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3D-printed key fob - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3D-printed key fob

Just thought I'd share some pictures of my 3D printed combined key & fob. The parts were printed on an SLA machine, with the text painted on afterwards. Very impressed by the detail that is possible on these machines, would never be possible on an FDM printer.

If anyone is interested, I can add 3D files. 

20200210_121825.jpg

20200210_121814.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very cool!  My original keyfob just broke, so I was looking to see if I could 3d print something.  Please do post the stl or a link to thingiverse.  I see someone did something similar back in 2011 with thing# 12579, but it doesn't have the cool lettering like yours.  Which, if you could do an Elise version, or a lotus emblem only version, it would be much appreciated!

Companies I have worked for use Ogle, always excellent quality, but that quality costs. Probably 4x what can be sourced from China, with 90% of the quality.

You might like my latest print. Needed to stop my ER20 collets from rolling around in their drawer, and also an easy way to find out what size they are, so made one of these. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-08 at 13.01.01.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2020 at 14:58, machine7 said:

Companies I have worked for use Ogle, always excellent quality, but that quality costs. Probably 4x what can be sourced from China, with 90% of the quality.

You might like my latest print. Needed to stop my ER20 collets from rolling around in their drawer, and also an easy way to find out what size they are, so made one of these. 

That is some crazy good quality.  You should see what my FDM is capable of.  I think you would be surprised!  I'm working on doing near perfect flexible prints right now, and have ALMOST got it dialed in.

Please do post your STL, unless I missed it somewhere?  I can't wait to give it a shot!  Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Sure, I can do that in a while, not at my computer at the moment. It will have to be in Step format, as the part is designed in Catia.

Coincidentally, I tried to get another key cut this weekend. Unfortunately the key blank I got years ago doesn't seem to be available at Timpsons anymore. I have seen a forum post that says what the key blank is, but might have been on LotusTalk rather than here.

On 24/09/2022 at 00:15, RapidLotus said:

Hi, I have an Elise and would like to print this for my car.  Can you add the design file to Thingiverse so I can change it from Exige to Elise?  I use Fusion 360.

Thanks!

I've updated the thingiverse files. I've added a blank bodies step file for you to be able to add your elise logo.

I don't know if you've got a key blank, but think you need to find a JMA OP-S. Can be bought on ebay for a fiver each:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165241270026?hash=item267925af0a:g:PUIAAOSw4gBhvw9C&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4IybS8dOv1mujuOnkxrOX5Tnll3xtmgRve3EuYuvirgHkCbjGjh5M8ZMIupfQqgOeHpezAuEvMzNsqm6X80MgJJvJlnFRTGZkAqz%2BsTVyu0JWiorWskOJvU0iTjT%2BMl9%2FhXLbGv8Tew7VmqKMts%2BUs6iEWi1x%2FIyh0rUkobuXcPamNO5g9JuR54XmegXG5s8ctGjhBJrCxIpsuGarpcS1bqDUMpJtWYWbUVgijSXZPQUC6B6LXsQezuNDS46eRP%2BDRB2UgcO3Q0Xq5lsQNgMRPTC0ndjQX41UvoKVRxSUwGu|tkp%3ABk9SR_qlsqjvYA

I haven't tested this key, so don't know if it does work. This is for an S2 Elise/Exige, S1's use a different key. If you do order/test this key, could you let me know so that I can update here and on thingiverse?