Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which DPM mode do you prefer on track? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Which DPM mode do you prefer on track?

Gordon S

I’m curious how many of us choose Sport or Race mode vs everything off, when on circuit. I suspect when it’s wet most probably favour the safety net of Sport or Race Mode but in the dry? How many of you prefer to go it alone without Lotus holding your hand?

26 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I know it doesn't answer your question but out of interest have you read this? 

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/tlf-on-dpm/

Hi mate. Yes, seen this. Really interesting write-up. Just curious whether many people turn it all off.  I quite like the small amount of slip Sport gives hence never bother with Race. I haven’t played with the car at any sort of serious speeds yet with everything turned off.

Edited by Gordon S

7 hours ago, Five50 said:

Anyone experience unusual brake pad wear with DPM on track?

Only picked up my 380 recently so can’t confirm personally but trying to recall if I read about this on earlier V6

I’ve heard about this too. 

I personally use Sport on the rare occasions I go on track. I also use sport for road, so basically, just sport! 

I tend to use race everywhere.  I find it makes the whole package much easier to drive.  The throttle is more responsive and the revs dont die so fast as the clutch is dipped.  And the grip/slip balance is perfect.  I am not sure i have the ability to turn the system off entirely.  its just STD, SPORT, or RACE on mine.

13 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I seem to recall if you hold the switch in the race position for a few seconds it turns everything off and the dash lights change accordingly. 

Ah yes... thats what i do to put mine into Race mode.  Press and hold for a 2-3 seconds and boom.  Dash lights up with Race and shows the skidding car OFF symbol.

I thought that was just Race mode.

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You might be right actually. There is a way to turn it all off still though, perhaps once it's in race do the same again?

I'll try it... i know just touching it again takes it out of RACE mode and back inst STD mode.

Always enjoyed RACE mode, wet or dry. Incredible system, still the smoothest TC system I've used to date.

If it's really lashing down, everything OFF is the most fun and probably the wisest too. You're in no doubt about the lack of grip.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Five50 said:

Anyone experience unusual brake pad wear with DPM on track?

Only picked up my 380 recently so can’t confirm personally but trying to recall if I read about this on earlier V6

This is actually what got me thinking about learning the car without DPM. I discovered a few months ago I’ve gone through a set of rear pads in under 6,000 miles, which seems to be the result of routinely driving the car pretty hard in Sport mode. So the system is kicking in a lot. 

Also depends how Smooth you are and how much the system is constantly having to save you. My 350 did 7 trackdays and 12k miles and I sold it with over 85% left on both front and rear brakes.

i stick to race on the track but like Gordon I enjoy the little bit of slip on the road in sport. Would like to be ready to take it all off in the next 12 months.

Edited by BatMobile
  • Like 1

Never use Race mode (I was on the Lotus 10/10ths day - it's a great system but I enjoy doing the diving).

Usually start with Sport first thing in the morning if I don't know the track then all off.

15 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

Never use Race mode (I was on the Lotus 10/10ths day - it's a great system but I enjoy doing the diving).

Usually start with Sport first thing in the morning if I don't know the track then all off.

And how do you get 'all off'?

59 minutes ago, Jcx said:

And how do you get 'all off'?

All off is achieved but turning the switch clockwise and holding, this will engage Race.  Repeat in Race mode and that will disable it.

Edit to add:  I have a V6 with the metal switch.

Edited by TonyKL

1 minute ago, TonyKL said:

All off is achieved but turning the switch clockwise and holding, this will engage Race.  Repeat in Race mode and that will disable it.

Ah OK thanks.  I have the buttons... no dial switch.

5 minutes ago, Jcx said:

Ah OK thanks.  I have the buttons... no dial switch.

Ah, for me it is repeat the process to get race, maybe it's not possible on later models but that would seem odd.

• Like 1