Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gear shift mechanism - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gear shift mechanism

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

there is a link describing the rose join option but I think SJ just sell standard. I did the rose joints (DU bushes) on my brothers car and just replaced all the rubbers bushes with new standard ones and if anything I prefer mine as not quite so stiff.

cheers

C43

4 hours ago, C43 said:

I prefer mine as not quite so stiff.

Hi C43,

Could it be you are referring to suspension bushes?

The thread is about gear linkage bushes.

Also, not quite sure what you mean by "DU Bushes."

If you mean "PU bushes," they are quite different to rose joints.

Just a clarification.

PNM Parts also do the refurb parts for gear linkages.

Andy.

I believe the SJ upgrade pertains to the cross-gate cable. I have not spotted anything non-standard otherwise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyPG said:

Hi C43,

Could it be you are referring to suspension bushes?

The thread is about gear linkage bushes.

Also, not quite sure what you mean by "DU Bushes."

If you mean "PU bushes," they are quite different to rose joints.

Just a clarification.

PNM Parts also do the refurb parts for gear linkages.

Andy.

Hi Andy

no I saw the title. There was a conversation started a few years ago about changing the standard rubber bushes for some ptfe coated hard plastic DU or DZ bushes (I can't remember which, they were German supplied black shell with a grey spherical joint inside). I changed the ones on my brothers Esprit for these as I thought it would help get rid of any free play. They did this but just made the change too stiff IMO.

cheers

Christian

ps the ones I fitted to my Esprit look similar to the PNM parts (I actually got mine from SJ). these are the ones I would go for.

11 hours ago, C43 said:

There was a conversation started a few years ago about changing the standard rubber bushes for some ptfe coated hard plastic DU or DZ bushes (I can't remember which, they were German supplied black shell with a grey spherical joint inside). I changed the ones on my brothers Esprit for these as I thought it would help get rid of any free play. They did this but just made the change too stiff IMO.

Thanks for clarifying Christian.

Andy.

Yes it was the IGUS ones I fitted to my brothers car. I did not feel any additional vibration from them but just the shift was quite stiff compared to my car. However there is a load of other variables obviously.