Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Side Indicator Light (the Little One Next To The Door) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Side Indicator Light (the Little One Next To The Door)

Just had the dreaded MOT and she sailed through except one of the side indicators wasn't working so I went and bought a new bulb then tried to take the lense off. The screw was rock solid and the screwdriver mashed the slots so I drilled it out to find the unit completely corroded. The earth cable rivet had transformed itself into white powder and so was not connecting the cable for a start plus the moulding around the clamp screw had disintegrated at some point so it was a combination or rust and oxidisation that was holding the lense in place.

Anyway, I need a new unit...help! Any Ideas? Not listed on SJ's site or lotusbits.com

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had the dreaded MOT and she sailed through except one of the side indicators wasn't working so I went and bought a new bulb then tried to take the lense off. The screw was rock solid and the screwdriver mashed the slots so I drilled it out to find the unit completely corroded. The earth cable rivet had transformed itself into white powder and so was not connecting the cable for a start plus the moulding around the clamp screw had disintegrated at some point so it was a combination or rust and oxidisation that was holding the lense in place.

Anyway, I need a new unit...help! Any Ideas? Not listed on SJ's site or lotusbits.com

Pete

Perei (see www.perei.co.uk) may be the original manufacturer. I remember seeing a very similar looking one recently in their catalogue. They are in Aldershot (Hants).

Mike

Theres been a few knocking about on ebay recently. dont be lotus specific when putting in search just put side repeaters etc. I know its not very impressive but your local motor shop will probably stock them or a caravan/trailor section as they are the typical after thought bolt ons. If your still struggling mate let me know as there's a place near me that sells them and i'll post them to you. cheers chris

Disaster averted!

Found them on www.holden.co.uk. Not the cheapest but I'm in a bit of a hurry. Couple going on ebay too.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

if you are on about the big bulky side indicator I think you will find they are fitted to land Rover defenders, as they look very similar to the one on my 110

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Disaster averted!

Found them on www.holden.co.uk. Not the cheapest but I'm in a bit of a hurry. Couple going on ebay too.

Pete

Is it the same model as on an early Stevens ? like on a 1990 se ?)

In that case, I think I still have one for a little price. It's getting dusty, so I'd prefer to make someone happy with it.

Edited by bzguy

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Thanks for the offers guys. The G-cars had the Lucas ones which are smaller than the S car ones which look a bit like wings...they're HUGE!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

I too, am after the side repeater lens although it is for my 1988 'S' car. (so apologies if it is on the wrong forum section - however I thought it may be covered during the transition period)

I have just discovered they don't like hitting garage door frames and tend to shatter on impact :P

mine have two screws holding them in as opposed to a clip and one screw as on the 'G' cars and Excel

If anyone knows where I could get one - I would be eternally grateful

(I have tried Espritism and Lotusbits and have also checked the x-reference but unfortunately it doesn't indicate an alternative supplier)

The size is approx 77mm x 24mm( they're not that huge Pete ;) )

If all else fails I may have to upgrade them although I would have preferred originals

Thanks

Matt

I too, am after the side repeater lens although it is for my 1988 'S' car. (so apologies if it is on the wrong forum section - however I thought it may be covered during the transition period)

Matt, if you want to stick with the originals SJ Sportscars list them - part no. A082M6371F [side repeater lamp 88-93 amber] -

I think you will find that this is the same

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/E..._to_331921.html

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Thanks for the information guys

The lenses on the Holden and land Rover sites look similar but on closer inspection , the lens looks like it is screwed in with one screw and clipped in on the other side ????

Looks like I'll to buy the whole unit from SJS at

Am I invisible? I thought someone was lookin for the indicator lights, I have all four CHEAP ! if knowone wants them they are going in the bin this week end.

Wally

You have a Private Message from me

Cheers

Matt :)

mine have two screws holding them in as opposed to a clip and one screw as on the 'G' cars and Excel

If anyone knows where I could get one - I would be eternally grateful

Matt,

The side repeaters are from the Mk1 Renault 5 not to mention quite a few London Taxis !!. It looks like you can get a repro lense from Euro Car Parts

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

Part No: 477745000

I changed mine for Mk2 Renault 5 ones as used on the S4, bit of a job mind you but I think they look so much better

siderep.jpg

Martyn :)