Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Affordable Wine - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Affordable Wine

C8RKH

Thought a wee little thread about some affordable wine for people who prefer drinking the stuff to posing about the stuff.

My starter for ten is an Aldi wine. They are doing a really nice Gavi at the moment. A white with a lovely straw colour. Quite dry. Nice flavour. 

Goes really well with Steak surprisingly, especially when accompanied with a simple green salad with tomatoes and a nice olive oil / balsamic dressing.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thought I'd add a link. You need a link to show you know what your talking about. At £6.99 it's very good value as a quaffing wine.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gavi-di-gavi-docg/p/083575209556200

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've been right off of white wine for a couple of years now, no idea why especially in these nice warm evenings. Been enjoy a lot of Malbecs recently, French much more than S. American ones. I was using Virgin Wines a lot, even more so recently, nice to try bottles I'd not usually pick up from a shelf. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

.My starter for ten is an Aldi wine.

Agree. You can still get a reasonable paletteable 
wine for £5-6 from there at the mo. 
I also get hold of some of the older reds and sit on them for even more years. I’ve had a bad last month where I opened a bottle of 33 year old red and it was corked and a 40 year old Port and both had to be tipped down the sink. Horrible 🤨

• Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

The lesson there is surely to drink not hoard!

Aldi sell several wines that consistently do well in reviews, and being a mainland Europe based outlet they have some slightly unusual, interesting, but very nice EU wines.

I've a couple of wine snob mates who chuck good money at wine who've loved some of my Aldi wine. I just tell them I got it in specially from Majestics..... 

Personally I struggle to tell the difference sometimes but I do know what I like so stick roughly to those wines and regions.

The small print.