Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Factory Event 23rd September - Page 3 - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Factory Event 23rd September

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
You have absolutely no idea how much you have just made my day! :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

You're not going to leave it at that Katie? Are you not going to give us a clue to what it actually is?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Brunost is one of Norway's best kept secrets. Along with fiske pudding, rommergrot and cloud berries!

Brunost is cheese, and like no other, it's out of this world. Comes in large rectangular blocks and you slice it across the top in thin slices with a special slicer. The Brunost is made from cows milk and is semi sweet with an indescribable backing flavour. Usually served on fresh buttered waffles. And not a single calorie!!!! I remember it being made by a company called Tine, their Jarlsberg is widely available over here. Occasionally you will see Gjetost, which looks like Brunost but tastes foul, in my opinion. Gjetost is made from sheep's milk. Apologies to those of you who did'nt need to know anything about Norwegian gastronomy, but mayesprit did ask!!

Probably best to steer me well clear of talking about Norway, I adored the place, could go on about it for hours and hours.....

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Jimmy, just in case you've not seen the other thread, Mat's managed to track him down :)

See other thread :)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Brunost is one of Norway's best kept secrets. Along with fiske pudding, rommergrot and cloud berries!

Brunost is cheese, and like no other, it's out of this world. Comes in large rectangular blocks and you slice it across the top in thin slices with a special slicer. The Brunost is made from cows milk and is semi sweet with an indescribable backing flavour. Usually served on fresh buttered waffles. And not a single calorie!!!! I remember it being made by a company called Tine, their Jarlsberg is widely available over here. Occasionally you will see Gjetost, which looks like Brunost but tastes foul, in my opinion. Gjetost is made from sheep's milk. Apologies to those of you who did'nt need to know anything about Norwegian gastronomy, but mayesprit did ask!!

Probably best to steer me well clear of talking about Norway, I adored the place, could go on about it for hours and hours.....

Katie, believe it's now available in London. Next time you're in the Regent Street area pop in here

OMFG!!!!! Have sent an email immediately! Also 'phoned the number but alas it gets through to a fax. If they have that cheese, JBF's gonna find himself doing one hell of a detour in London today!

Thanks so much for finding that link.CHUFFED....hopefully!

I have just heard back from the company in London. They do stock brunost, but alas not the cow's milk one. They have only been open for a few weeks and if they receive more requests for the variety I like, they will stock it :-)

• Gold FFM

Think thats what they call a gap in the market Katie - cows milk brunost sound like a well kept secret.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi

I will try to take contact to Jussi. I know his work e-mail. I saw yesterday Jussi was driving his blue Peugeot.

Jukka :huh:

Si

I felt exactly the same, however when I reflected, the price is per person, so giving us a single occupancy room deprives them of the revenue they'd get from a couple. I travel 40,000 miles/year with work and stay away 2/3 nights a week so as you can imagine I know a lot of hotels!

I do know there are some on here who had less than ideal experiences at Wensum, on the factory day last year. I've got to say though that in my experience when you take into account the facilities, the price this year is outstanding value. I had a fantastic time last year.

This is of course just my 2p!

Look forward to seeing you there big man!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I'll bring the ladies...!!!!

sheep.jpg

Bring it on....!!!!

Hope you don't snore or fart too much dude...!!!! :huh:

Simon x

the price is per person

Its per room dude....!!!

Unless I'm being stupid....???

Simon

Chunky Lover

Holy crap....

Thats per person.....!!!!

Simon

Simon,

The deal is that we get most of the hotel to ourselves, our own car park, great facilities, a deal on the carvery (they don't normally do it on a Saturday) and the beer is extremely well priced for a hotel. The setting is quiet and very secluded and they really looked after us last year.

This is the only hotel in the area who will allow block bookings without me paying a deposit on 57 rooms and the rooms at that price are only a little more than the crap Travellodge we stayed at at Castle Coombe. So it's great value for money. Those who came last year know the hotel and people there and the main thing is that it's secure for your cars.

You mustn't forget that this hotel is normally fully booked as it has 2 full PGA tour golf courses. So they are also missing out on their Stay and Play packages that they normally offer. There's always the travellodge on the main A11 for

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Take it i just got modded Mr K...... [you were, your comment was a tad strong, especially as the hotel have the website address]

Appoligies offered if required....

Just a tad shocked that was all.... as it works out about

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Found the Wensum great last year - no complaints from me. Even the view from the bedroom window was something to behold (60 odd Esprits)

Did single occupancy last year. Would have offered to share but didn't want to inflict a sleepless night due to snoreing on anybody.

Don't know if this is still 'early days' (still in July) but pretty sure the whole hotel was fully booked by us within about a week of starting to take reservations last time. Get the feeling quite a few of us missing from last time at the mo.

We filled it to the brim after the e-mail went out. It hasn't gone as yet as Bibs is working on it at present. I'm sure when it does we'll fill the Hotel.

I think nearly 1/2 rooms are gone already.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I just booked fri-mon, for me and my wife Sinikka. Tickets are also booked. Hope to see you all!

Jukka :huh:

Are you driving over Jukka? If not and you neeed help getting from the airport just let us know.

Are you driving over Jukka? If not and you neeed help getting from the airport just let us know.

No, I'am not driving. First I had that idea, but it takes to long (even with Esprit)! I booked flights from Ryanair. Our flight arrives to Stanstead airport 23:45 on friday 21 sep. Looks that best way to go to Norwich is that I rent a car from airport. It's interesting experience to drive rigthhand driven car.