Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
P0111 error code - air intake temperature - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

P0111 error code - air intake temperature

I’ve finally cleared some of the error codes showing that was a bad lambda sensors and I’m now left with p0111 which is the air intake temperature 

it normally does it after about 10 minutes driving.

if it was a short in the wiring I would have thought it would ping the EML straight away

anyone had anything similar ?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bit more on this

the EML kept pinging p0111 5/10 mins into driving so i changed the IAT sensor and then ended up with it lit permanently .  I noticed the pins on the plug looked a bit corroded so I have replaced the plug with a new one and this cleared the code and it stayed off for the last 500 miles while running the engine in

however, now I have started exploring more of the Rev range the EML will not light up but 5 seconds into a spirited run above 5000rpm and it comes on.  Reset it and the same again, can drive around below this with no codes.  As soon as I stretch her legs it pings on and still shows the code p0111

ive run the scan software and it shows min IAT at 36 degrees and max at 83 degrees.  It won’t ever get above this due to the EML light coming on

on reading the code using the V8 scan tool the freeze frame feature doesn’t seem to store the MAT and MAP values.  My current thought is that I maybe have a earth related resistance problem and that the biter the intake temp the higher the resistance but then eventually it breaks down due to the corroded wire resistance.  Does this sound at all logical

You don't have any EGR or SAI fitted.  The EGR manifold is blocked, but the temperature sensor should still be connected electrically.

Since you are also experiencing modest boost, I would focus on the signal ground and resistance in the loom itself.  Are you sure that the new sensor has the same characteristics as the stock sensor?  I know that you also had the problem with the old sensor, but 83 deg seems awfully high for such modest boost.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica