Nmeg Needs A Logo... - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg Needs A Logo...

Bibs

NMEG Competition sponsored by Nick Whale Sportscars

Capture-2.jpg

Want to win this?

LotusWatch-Face_HiRes.jpg

This prize has been very generously donated by Ian Garrett of Nick Whale Sportcars so a huge, huge thanks to them :P

NMEG are looking for someone to design a logo for them. The logo will be used for a car sticker and also NMEG stationary so please bear this in mind when you get cracking on your designs. It's also got to be fairly economical to produce/print so nothing involving complex colours or gold leaf please!

All entries are to be emailed to me at NMEG Competition by the 22nd of August and will be judged shortly after then.

The judges decision is final etc and by entering you agree to pass all copyright to LEF, there will be no future royalties/fees payable for use of your design.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for setting this up Bibs.

The idea is that we (NMEG) will be able to judge the designs with out knowing who sent them in, Bibs will be publishing the entries but without the designers name attached, this way we hope not to be biased.

I have to add my thanks to Ian Garratt from Nick Whale sportscars for donating the wonderful prize, when I asked him if he could donate somthing, i was expecting a baseball cap or a mug or at best a shirt, so when he gave me the watch I was really surprised.

so sharpen your crayons and please have a go at a design for NMEG

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

best of luck Dave, I'm sure you will give it your best

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

i would really love to take part, however as i used to design company and corporate logos for a living when i was doing design work i feel i would have an unfair advantage, so im going to sit this one out.

Si,

Why not take part. If you win you don't have to accept the prize. You could give it to the runner up or auction it off on the Forum and give the proceeds to LEF?

Bearing in mind your skills, it would be a great pity for NMEG to miss out.

Give it some thought,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

thanks graham but nope im going to sit it out, just to give you guys a taster this is the standard i useually go for with a cncept logo before i do any final renderings etc. it usually would get changed a few times t accomodate tastes etc but this is how they start out.

now no pinching ideas!!

(image removed by Bibs)

ok main ideas for presenting a logo concept.

the logo must represent the subject in whole or part

colours should be representive of subject matter

all lettering must be legible

always define fonts for future reference

do not over crowd the logo and do not make it fussy even a simple line with shape can define a logo

add shape to the logo but do not let it detract from subject matter

experiment experiment, the most important rule, try many different combinations on paper first, the best idea will usually come from several sketches.

refine and define always refine and define

reason the 'g' is more prominant is due to the lotus logo with the abc'c' lettering above the word lotus, the large 'g' encapsulates the form and is flattering to the radiaus of the background shape, it also lends itself to the spread of the more defined and edged lettering that the other 3 have.

the logo structure flows when you follow those basic rules, it makes it more pleasing to the eye

it still reads NEMG to me not NMEG, then again would NME with the background of G ' new musical express group' ?

go on Si , give it a go, if you win, auction the prize and give it all to charity then :o

or have you lost your nerve :lol: :lol:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

The main reason we chose to run the competition without knowing who submitted the designs,,was to stop any bais, we knew there was some top notch talent on the forum , so please have go Simon

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Si

You should be having a go. There are plenty of other designers out there who will. We are after the best logo bar none from wherever. It seems a shame to me that someone with your skills isn't going to contribute. As Howard said designs will be posted anonymously for judging, so no-one will know which is yours beforehand.

Please have a go.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Si, I've removed your entry as you need to email pics to me. There's no point not entering, as said above the guys are looking for the best and we'll have other entries from people who do this sort of thing professionally too so all are welcome.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

excuse my ignorance, what or who is NMEG?

It seems we really do need a logo. Please do a 3' x 2' version and I'll bolt one of those old fashioned spin signs to my roof.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

excuse my ignorance, what or who is NMEG?

er just read my sig below or go to events thread, top of the page North Midlands Esprit Group ( we have our own section now) read all our posts

if you wish more infromation after that you have to come to one of our meets...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

• 2 weeks later...

hey Bibs , have we had many entries for the competition so far, and when do we gat to see them?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

• 2 weeks later...

This competition closes on Wednesday please submit your designs on time by email to Bibs

backmarker, oneshot , dodgy you have pm

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

H.

PM replied to. CC's to Dave and err Dave :band:

Graham

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Mat,

We need a drummer mate so you're in :band:

Graham.