Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus celebrates 20 years of the Exige with Anniversary Special Edition - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus celebrates 20 years of the Exige with Anniversary Special Edition

TLF News

21 minutes ago, Mart_ said:

Hi Keo, welcome to the Orange Exige club. Hopefully see you out and about Stoke, I think there is also a Blue 20th knocking about too.

Have fun and get it to a track!

Martin

Hi Martin

thanks! The blue one is my mates mate but I don’t know him. 

i should take it out on track bit nervous about the value though I will need to get it insured!  

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It appears a few of these are up for sale already. The deals on them new appeared to be very competitive. Maybe people looked at the figures and bought without realising what they were getting into. 

I’m tempted to find out what sort of deal might be available used as they really look the part, especially with the colour coded seats and I don’t think I’ll be going for an Emira.

• 4 weeks later...

Did Lotus change the standard spec of the 20th anniversary as time went on? There is a laser blue one on Autotrader at Lotus Bradford that seems to have the final edition steering wheel and an AIM dash, and a second one at Castle with standard analogue clocks and a normal round wheel. I'm going to Castle tomorrow; although it's advertised at a price that's close enough to a new 420 on 50:50 finance to make one of them an option...

I think this was sold new at Oakmere and was indeed added by the dealer. I had a look at this car when I went to see the Emira at JCT. It appears to have a bloody great chip in the Carbon fibre front cover.   It’s also way over priced when you consider Oakmere had an Orange one registered this year as well at £73K. In saying that if someone’s got a spare £80K good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of regret not waiting and getting the Oakmere car I would of saved myself £10k!

But I wasn’t to know it would come up for sale. It’s nice having a car new. Something I have never done and something I don’t think I will ever do again. It’s worth it not having to deal with Oakmere as well.

I liked how the Mrs summed it up when I was thinking I was going over the top. “Have it we haven’t been on holiday!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it’s any consolation I regret not buying the one at Oakmere as well. I intended going to have a look but the new owner got in there sharpish.

In relation to Oakmere, I’ve had dealings with them and always found them to be very good. Strange how people can have very different views and experiences.

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2021 at 21:10, HXT said:

I think this was sold new at Oakmere and was indeed added by the dealer. I had a look at this car when I went to see the Emira at JCT. It appears to have a bloody great chip in the Carbon fibre front cover.   It’s also way over priced when you consider Oakmere had an Orange one registered this year as well at £73K. In saying that if someone’s got a spare £80K good luck.

Old thread, but been looking at the blue 20th at JCT.  This car has been on and off for sale a while. I asked for close ups of the splitter yesterday which they sent me a low resolution video, so still couldn't see, but even on that and the pics if looks like theres a biggish chip, was that what you meant or was there a big chip on the carbon service panel? car was 78k currently, but it sold while I was deciding if I wanted to make an offer or not, apparently its back available again today for some reason..... not sure how you get chips in 1800 miles... unlucky I guess

Beginning to regret not buying the autumn gold 410 in April last year at 66k....  thought sod it early in the month and tried to just go for a 50/50 deal on a 420, but they ended 3 weeks ago lol....

Edited by JohnnyMiller1000

The carbon service panel. 

Looks to have sold again, did you buy it?

I went to look at the Autumn Gold as well but they offered me a comedy part ex so I walked away and don’t regret it.

I’d heard the 50/50 finished at the end of December, but looking at the price of used I still think new is a better way forward than used.

Unfortunately for me I’ve pissed about for a couple of years and so have accepted I won’t be buying one now unless someone offers a deal on new which I would think is highly unlikely.  There is no way I am paying the current used prices.

Sytner were a little odd to deal with weren't they on the gold one.  Still, it was a cracking deal for someone looking back now as long as they didn't have a PX, like you I had the same experience of a poor PX....

I enquired on the JCT car, but it got reserved before they came back to me. The first buyer then had a funding problem so it came back on sale, then while I was talking to them about it and getting details on condition (pics they sent me attached when I asked about the carbon), the same buyer then reserved it again with his own funding, and then pulled out again, so they came back to me again!. No idea if its him again, but it was all a bit odd. I'd mentally lost interest in it by the time I'd done the sold/available Hokey Cokey twice anyway to be honest so didn't go back to it. They were firm on price on their blue 20th, they only offered £600 off after I'd already said I'd pass on it.  

Completely agree with you on the used prices at the moment, that's what pushed me to consider the 420's while they are still there.  The used prices are getting ever closer to new ones especially when you consider new vs. used APR's if you are funding on finance, was even closer when 50/50 was an option,  and when there eventually isn't the option of a new one, what are you left with....

The orange Oakmere car that we seem to have all missed out on was the last 410 I would have definitely bought but was too slow on :)  I wanted a new 390 ideally, but I underestimated the demand for them and the low number that would be built so failed on that front too.

In a bid to do at least some interesting driving this year I've decided to save £20k+ and put a deposit on a used 350 which seems to have been a garage queen from the pics and description, going to look at it tomorrow.  Not what I was originally shopping for, especially when you consider the prices this time last year, but I decided I need to suck it up If I want to do some driving this year, and maybe I'll use some of the 20k on some upgrades....

IMG_20220127_144736.jpg

IMG_20220127_144756.jpg

I love those laser blue 410s. I saw the one Castle had for sale for a few months at the end of 2021 and loved it but I just couldn't get over/wife maths successfully the price. It was basically the same price the first owner paid for it brand new. So like you guys, I then did the man maths and thought a new one on 50:50 would make sense. Offered in early December for one of Silverstone's stock cars they've had for ages but couldn't get a deal agreed once 50:50 was thrown in. 

But, the good thing about trying to get the wife over the hill on an 80k plus car is that when a unicorn fully restored 2010 Cup 260 is offered to you, whatever the price you agree with the seller of it seems reasonable to the Mrs! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 15:54, JohnnyMiller1000 said:

Sytner were a little odd to deal with weren't they on the gold one.  Still, it was a cracking deal for someone looking back now as long as they didn't have a PX, like you I had the same experience of a poor PX....

I enquired on the JCT car, but it got reserved before they came back to me. The first buyer then had a funding problem so it came back on sale, then while I was talking to them about it and getting details on condition (pics they sent me attached when I asked about the carbon), the same buyer then reserved it again with his own funding, and then pulled out again, so they came back to me again!. No idea if its him again, but it was all a bit odd. I'd mentally lost interest in it by the time I'd done the sold/available Hokey Cokey twice anyway to be honest so didn't go back to it. They were firm on price on their blue 20th, they only offered £600 off after I'd already said I'd pass on it.  

Completely agree with you on the used prices at the moment, that's what pushed me to consider the 420's while they are still there.  The used prices are getting ever closer to new ones especially when you consider new vs. used APR's if you are funding on finance, was even closer when 50/50 was an option,  and when there eventually isn't the option of a new one, what are you left with....

The orange Oakmere car that we seem to have all missed out on was the last 410 I would have definitely bought but was too slow on :)  I wanted a new 390 ideally, but I underestimated the demand for them and the low number that would be built so failed on that front too.

In a bid to do at least some interesting driving this year I've decided to save £20k+ and put a deposit on a used 350 which seems to have been a garage queen from the pics and description, going to look at it tomorrow.  Not what I was originally shopping for, especially when you consider the prices this time last year, but I decided I need to suck it up If I want to do some driving this year, and maybe I'll use some of the 20k on some upgrades....

IMG_20220127_144736.jpg

IMG_20220127_144756.jpg

These pics make me so pleased i had my car ppf’d before i collected it from new. Those chips can and do happen when following other cars. Worth factoring this into the cost of any exige you are looking at buying?

• Like 1

I did the same, I paid around £4k for full ppf and ceramic coating. Now my plan is to drive the wheels off it once the weather is better!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, keo said:

I did the same, I paid around £4k for full ppf and ceramic coating. Now my plan is to drive the wheels off it once the weather is better!

Who did you use for the PPF?

There is just no other car out there that interests me so I’m seriously thinking of getting one of the last stock 420’s.

If I do buy one it would be a keeper so I think the full PPF would be worth getting.

1 hour ago, HXT said:

Who did you use for the PPF?

There is just no other car out there that interests me so I’m seriously thinking of getting one of the last stock 420’s.

If I do buy one it would be a keeper so I think the full PPF would be worth getting.

Hi HXT

That was my same thoughts exactly I wanted to keep it nice as I can’t see myself selling it. 

I don’t know where you are located but I used

https://www.signature-group.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4TW_8CL9gIVRe3tCh2PWw7bEAAYASAAEgLV4_D_BwE

They are local to me in Stoke on Trent.They have a video on their YouTube channel of an orange 20th anniversary but it’s not mine. 

When I went they had some nice cars in Ferrari Pista’s and a Lexus LFA so I thought I must be in good company here.