Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buying Tyres - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying Tyres

OwenGT3

Hi,

My front tyres are still legal, just mind you, so I'm looking around to get some new ones. Fronts first then the backs later. Where is the best place to go? This is the starting price I have from SCA Race Rallye Centre in Norwich. :P

SCA quote:

Price for Yokohama AVS sport tyres are as follows:

2x 235/40ZR17 fitted

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen,

I have recently purchased Toyo Proxes T1-R for the rears on my 1999 GT3 standard alloys and they are a very good tyre.

Nice handling and feel really good.

I got my fitted at the Canary Way STS Holburn tyres (opposite Carrow Road) and purchased them through Black Circle website via the link on LEW.

Chats

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

As it's Norwich I would recomend contacting John at Airways / Norfolk tyres on the corner of Fifers Lane and Vulcan Road North.

It is unlikely to be a quick chat, but always a good price.

Andy

I paid

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 have very good grip and wear well - lots of road miles, 5 track days and I've still 3mm. But they're being superseded by the Eagle F1 Asymmetric which from the reviews I've seen aren't nearly as good. Typical.

Personally I will be going for Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 A. Fabulous grip and reasonable wear (if they're good enough for the Enzo...) Prices at mytyres.co.uk:

235/40/17 93.20

295/35/18 197.90

Though I might opt for some List 1B road legal track tyres next - Toyo R888, but don't expect to get many miles out of them!

Edited by matk
Remove quote

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Owen,

Give James a ring at SWLC.

I've had Toyo Proxes T1-R's on my SE OZ route and OZ Futura alloys - blindingly good all weather bargian price tyre - James will ship to wherever and CLub LEW will definately get you a good price.

Regards,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi,

What I could do is ask nicely someone at the garage I use to work for to fit them for a few quid. :lol: We had all tyre fitting equipment there. I remember once fitting a very low profile tyre to a Porsche wheel, but it didn't hook on the machine properly and the machine just took a chunk out of the tyre, had to be chucked, oops! :lol: Had to go and tell the manager I'd just ruined a brand new, expensive tyre! The next one went on better. :o

Owen.