Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 oil cooler fitment - where do all the washers go? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 oil cooler fitment - where do all the washers go?

• Gold FFM

Having looked at the parts list ahead of reinstalling my oil coolers I've found that my car was missing some of the washers when I disassembled it all. I've got the missing parts now, but I'm not clear exactly where each of these washers goes relative to the bodyshell since its not shown on the diagram.

image.thumb.png.20afed5fde4b36ad8a1880b58f942ad6.png

Based on the warning label on the oil cooler itself regarding virbration, I'm guessing the rubber washer (5) goes on the cooler boss but below the body and the other washer (4) goes above.

What I'm not sure about is the positions of (7) on the top hose connection. Does the bigger washer (7) go under the body or above it? Number (6) was present and removed from above the body, but (7) was absent so I don't know where it should go.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On mine it's above and was like that when I took it apart. So I placed them there when installing new oil coolers.

It stabilizes the hose/oilcooler, so it does not wiggle about and make the hole in the body bigger. It's been 3 years since I did that, and it is absolutely well working, tight and no leaks. Once the foam opieces and the air guide fiber pieces are in place, thay also help support the oil coolers in place and lessen vibes and bumps.

So, on mine, there was a piece of foam on top of each oil cooler (between that and the underside of the body), and on the sides and the bottom to guide air. See pics, albeit I have renewed all foam with new firesupressing pieces, painted black withe heat resistant black paint, on these pics. But I copied the exact original parts.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

jacques

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Thanks for that. Interestingly the smaller (6) of the two washers on the hose fitting that I received is much more like washer (7) size wise, maybe a few mm smaller in diameter. Your smaller washer looks much smaller than mine and it makes sense for them to both go on top like that.

I have confirmation now for when I fit the coolers in due course at any rate.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)