Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MOCAL OIL CATCH CAN - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

MOCAL OIL CATCH CAN

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@EldonZ---Eldon, get back to work.  I'll take over on the pics.   :D

engine rear.jpg

Clam OFF.JPG

eng left.JPG

engine rt.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Thanks so much!   

Correct me if I am wrong.

The Cam cover vents go directly to Catch can.

Is the hose coming off air intake, and intake to SC capped?

The inlet on the air intake is capped. You can see this in Jack's photo. Trying to find the other hose but if it is the same connection, it appears to run to the front of the car.

Later,
Eldon

Thanks   I ordered a MOCAL can from the U.K.

I have to get everything buttoned up for Sebring AUG 21.

I did one track day, but didn't have the front steering arms on yet.  Needed 1 more degree of neg.  The rear alignment was set for the slicks. Started with DOT's and was no good.  Put the slicks on, and was better.  I gradually stepped it up after each session, but was at 9 tenths at best.  I have the new front steering arms on now, so I will be able to pick it up a little more.  I am a little worried about the ABS whacking out though.  At Sebring, I am just worried that it will be an issue going into turn 7.  Do you have the Bosch ABS installed like Jack?

Edited by Antflies

Anthony,  Eldon and I both have Bosch Motorsport ABS.

Your stock Bosch ABS will not like the slicks....be prepared.  Forewarned is forearmed.  :D 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@Antflies---BTW, which brand of slicks are you running and what sizes?

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Anthony,

I run Hoosier A7s and enjoy them but I run around 2.8 degs camber all the around. Turn 7 is an interesting corner to brake for if you don't have ABS. Been there, done that!

Later,
Eldon

Hey Jack

I am running the same sizes you recommended.  210/610 R17 - 250/650 R18  Mediums, they didn't have soft.

I did a track day, but told Eldon the car wasn't aligned in front all the way.  It needed the new steering arms.

I did 3 sessions with the slicks,  pushing a little bit more until the 3rd session.  I was maybe at 9 tenths at best.

At Sebring, turn 7, is where I am most worried about the ABS, maybe turn 10 as well.  Most other corners not at max braking before corners.

Any way, I am looking where to route the last intake hose. The one in my hand on picture.

Thanks

Anthonyhttps://imgur.com/a/leW1W3q

Edited by Antflies

1 hour ago, Antflies said:

Thanks   I ordered a MOCAL can from the U.K.

I have to get everything buttoned up for Sebring AUG 21.

I did one track day, but didn't have the front steering arms on yet.  Needed 1 more degree of neg.  The rear alignment was set for the slicks. Started with DOT's and was no good.  Put the slicks on, and was better.  I gradually stepped it up after each session, but was at 9 tenths at best.  I have the new front steering arms on now, so I will be able to pick it up a little more.  I am a little worried about the ABS whacking out though.  At Sebring, I am just worried that it will be an issue going into turn 7.  Do you have the Bosch ABS installed like Jack?

What steering arms do you have? Do you change only arms or something else?

Thanks

Just the Arms, V6 Exige Lightweight Steering Arms from Eliseparts.com  They give 1 more degree of negative camber.

I should have gotten the reduce bump steer kit.  Additional rod ends.

@Antflies Anthony, what were your lap times at Sebring?

So, if you look at Jack's picture, do you see your hose location on his picture?

Later,
Eldon

I didn't record any lap-times.  It was a weird track day with the Covid procedures, and me being by myself.

My old S240, stock power, with slicks 2:25's.

I took my stock Alfa Giulia QV with Carbon Ceramics to Sebring late last year.  It was definitely faster. 

My friend rented the track, and I got Christian Fittipaldi to drive a few laps in my car with me in the right seat.

He liked the torque, etc.  He wasn't any faster than my lap times, so I had him pit in early so I would be able to enjoy the rest of the session.

Anyway, entering turn 17 in the Giulia, I was hitting 150 before braking.  Christian in the Ferrari 488 street car, was hitting 160.

My Lotus 360 Cup on my first track day was only hitting 140.  Next month I will try to get some times, etc.

When I replace the dash cluster with the AIM, it will be much easier.

I did look at Jacks picture, but can't trace the line from back of super charger towards the front of the car.

The line use to go to the rear cyl head vent.  The one he has blocked of on line closer to air filter use to go to the front cyl head vent.

I've been to Sebring one time in my S260 FE and it beat the hell out of my car and me. I was running Hoosier R7s and turned a lap of 2:26.27 with a max speed of a 134 MPH down the back straight. The trans was slowly self-destructing due to oil failure so that was probably hurting my MPH.

The line in question, is it the larger diameter hose? If so, that is the one that goes towards the front of the car which I don't understand why. I'll look again to double check the path. What is the purpose of the line?

Later,
Eldon

Thanks Eldon

My 2010 S240 that I tracked at Sebring, I had to make sure I used the Sector 111 pre track checklist every track day there.  Was definitely tough on suspension.  (Bumpy, but great track)  I actually loosened motor mount bolts on the firewall, on bolt fell out, and other was hanging.

I did buy a 2010 S260, and didn't track it. It definitely would be better, but it was 22 of 27, and couldn't bring myself to destroying it at Sebring.  If I brought it to Daytona, it wouldn't have the legs.

With the CUP 360, I have no excuse not to get to the track.

Yeah.....can't get the  17" fronts anymore.  Yoko Motorsports is not importing them any longer.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@Antflies -- Thanks, but I'm not importing slicks from across the pond...what do you pay for shipping?  I go through a lot of slicks, as I put on about 3000 track miles per year on each of my Loti. :)  

I was getting mine in the past directly from the exclusive US distributor -- wait time was a day. However, due to insufficient demand for the 17" size with the demise of the Lotus CupUSA series, they are not bringing them in any longer.

I've switched to Hankook slicks and am very happy with them, on both the cost and wear fronts. 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Here is shipping to Florida for 4

Your order will be dispatched once all items are available.

Subtotal$1,155.82

Shipping & Handling$109.76

Discount (JAN10)-$115.58

Grand Total$1,150.00