Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Appoints New Dealer for Scotland - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Appoints New Dealer for Scotland

Parks are undertaking a renovation of the Lotus workshop at Park`s Lotus Hamilton.

143 Almada Street
Hamilton
Lanarkshire
ML3 0ET

These renovations that should have been completed but due to conditions outside of their control this was not possible.

Parks have been installing new lifting equipment so that they can safely and securely work on Lotus customers cars.

Parks though will be fully operation from January onwards and will be delighted to take bookings to this effect from now.

Lotus cars are monitoring the situation and are assisting Park`s as necessary during this refurbishment.

Telephone 01698 303892

https://www.parks.uk.com/lotus/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Bibs I had the same information from Lotus customer services today regarding Parks and when they will be ready for warranty work. I got an explanation regarding the repeated warranty recall request.

They also went some way at apologising for the continued shortfall in Lotus coverage and support.

I dropped Laura at Park's a line to make her aware of the warranty letter situation but they were already aware. January 😔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

Parks are undertaking a renovation of the Lotus workshop at Park`s Lotus Hamilton.

143 Almada Street
Hamilton
Lanarkshire
ML3 0ET

These renovations that should have been completed but due to conditions outside of their control this was not possible.

Parks have been installing new lifting equipment so that they can safely and securely work on Lotus customers cars.

Parks though will be fully operation from January onwards and will be delighted to take bookings to this effect from now.

Lotus cars are monitoring the situation and are assisting Park`s as necessary during this refurbishment.

Telephone 01698 303892

https://www.parks.uk.com/lotus/

What a load of pish. No offense to you Bibs.  They told me to ring them back in 4 weeks, in writing. 

I work with GDPR daily with thousands of registered patients every day and as a small business we have our own assigned data controller.  We get in touch with patients daily with correct digital consent gained and stored in our server. I’ve registered with Parks Lotus, I’m happy to receive information from them including telephone or emails so they can let me know as ‘you’re at the front of the Q Andy”, but still they can’t be arsed to get in touch with us directly instead getting you to let us know the score nearly a week after I got an email saying not to bother calling back for 4 weeks. It makes a mockery of Lotus ownership for us Scottish based owners. 

Also ensure you have someone to give you a lift home as they don’t have any customer cars allocated for us once you’ve dropped your car off for work. 

Hmmm. It will be a 160m round trip for me. So realistically that means a day off work and by the sound of it a day walking around Hamilton. Super!

New plan. Drop car off. Go to McDonalds for a flat white and a muffin, then settle in sat on the pavement with the cup in front of me. Chances are, when the car is ready, I'll have collected enough to pay for the service!

Alternatively Parks put in some hot desks that you can book, near a coffee machine (happy to pay to cover coffee costs) with good wifi so customers can work whilst their cars are serviced.

Wouldn't cost much but boy would help customers travelling from all over Scotland.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Right now, No. But then I could just trade the Evora in for a McLaren, at the same dealer, and rather than take a day off work and savour the obvious delights trudging around Hamilton and the long round trip they'll come and pick the car up for me, in a covered wagon, do the work, and bring it back!  Now, when I next splash out £90k+ plus on the likely Evora replacement which brand would it likely be (oh, and Porsche have a dealership on 20 miles away in Perth - but that would feel like cheating on the wife, not good.)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 months later...

The service was carried out in good time. Passengers door lock replaced (sticking) The windows were adjusted to seal better this was amazing and has made the cabin much quieter at speed, such a difference.

I had a great 9-10 mile walk around the Strathclyde country park and Avon walkway

Great service from Ross and the team at Parks 👍

• Like 1

Have to agree. Mine was in for the annual service and Davy looked after the car and was thorough throughout. Ross took care of me and Laura was her usual cheerful, helpful, chatty self. Excellent service and I personally wish them all the very best of luck in this new era of Lotus. Laura had sold 16 Lotus this month incidentally!

Good times are here to stay for Lotus. Bring it on. I enjoyed myself that much and was so pumped up by where Lotus are heading......I came home, started looking at Elise S1’s and bought one this morning!😳

It made a relatively inexpensive service........quite expensive for me in the end!😂😎

• Like 2

On 19/03/2021 at 18:00, C8RKH said:

Went to Parks today as the Evora was due its 3 year end of warranty service.

As suspected and a seemingly common problem the DRLs had failed. New ones ordered under warranty. hope Lotus have stock of these for the future!

Service guy was great, Davey. A biker. we had a cracking chat about some great roads.

Also caught up with Laura who talked me through the last of their new car stock. Think she said 3 new car handovers tomorrow which is great to hear.

So great service to be honest and felt like a valued customer.

Clear blue sky and 17c so took a 100 mile detour home (170 miles) along the stunning Loch Lomond and through the majesty that is the hills and valleys of the Trossachs. Heaven!

Days like this really make you appreciate how lucky you really are.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I picked up my new car on Saturday, was the laser blue 20th in the showroom, you might have seen it.

The workshop and lifts are top drawer, sales showroom a bit small and needs to get bigger if lotus want to shift more new cars when type 131 starts. Hopefully back soon for 1000 mile service

• Like 2

The one with the blue seats? Bloody lovely looking car that!

The small print.

That’s the one, still can’t quite believe I own it!   I had it round at Incredible Detail for new car detail and ppf/ceramic coating so it was definitely looking it’s best

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks!

Was nice to see the 2 of them parked next to each other when I picked mine up. Orange looks good but laser blue was the only choice for me. Complimented with the blue alcantara seats as well 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 18:00, C8RKH said:

Went to Parks today as the Evora was due its 3 year end of warranty service.

As suspected and a seemingly common problem the DRLs had failed. New ones ordered under warranty. hope Lotus have stock of these for the future!

Service guy was great, Davey. A biker. we had a cracking chat about some great roads.

Also caught up with Laura who talked me through the last of their new car stock. Think she said 3 new car handovers tomorrow which is great to hear.

So great service to be honest and felt like a valued customer.

Clear blue sky and 17c so took a 100 mile detour home (170 miles) along the stunning Loch Lomond and through the majesty that is the hills and valleys of the Trossachs. Heaven!

Days like this really make you appreciate how lucky you really are.

Have a great weekend everyone.

In the process of trying to arrange my service and getting a couple warranty issues resolved as well, including the same DRL issue. Ross has told me that they can't arrange for a replacement headlight to be ready and waiting for when I drive down for the service, and so I'd need to head back down a second time to get it replaced. If I lived within 10 miles it wouldn't really be an issue - but another 320 mile round trip is a PITA. Surely with it being a common issue, and easily to see the issue just by looking at a photo/video, you'd think they'd try to be a bit more accommodating. Especially with how Scottish customers have been treated by Lotus over the last 15 months.

Can you ask why they can't have it waiting for you? They just need to order the part in advance, there must be another reason here. 

Not sure what Lotus have done that's relevant to having a service mate or how any issues would be down to Park's other than they took a bit of a while to get up and running but business in a pandemic hasn't been easy for anyone. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

@aJayMitchell - Park's have just confirmed my DRL's are in so I'll be down there this Friday - only a 180 mile round trip for me, but if the weather is good I will take the long route home - I'll go North to go East if that makes sense and have a play up in the Trossachs, then up to Fort William and across the top of the Trossachs to Crianlarich, Pitlochry etc!

I'd ask them to order the DRL's in advance, sure Lotus would or could do a SOR, and in any case, they'll need them for another Lotus soon enough as they do seem to fail bloody often!  Not sure why they should be should such a "fragile" part especially as they are essential for the MOT. Lotus really need to get that sorted and I'd suggest Park would be commended by owners for having such an essential spare on site at MOT time etc.

@Bibs - pandemic apart, the fact is that the communication from Lotus was frankly piss poor to the whole Scottish ownership community during the demise of Leven. Pandemic or not, a small effort to communicate would have been welcomed but there was next to nothing. Nadder.  That is a pretty poor show for any company.  We need to praise Lotus for the good, but the fact is a lot of owners felt that lotus had just "abandoned" them and made no effort at all to support them. So praise the good, but the bad also needs to be pointed out and Lotus need to learn lessons from it as it goes forwards and prospers especially with it's shift to a more mainstream position in the sports car world. 

• Thanks 1

The small print.

@C8RKH Not sure if the issue is perhaps slightly different as blown DRLs on the S3 Elise require the entire headlight to be replaced - so I can understand them not just having stock lying around.

I spoke direct to Lotus and sent them a photo and video of the light and it looks like they're going to pre-authorise the replacement so it can be done at the same time as the service/fuel rail recall.

Good point @aJayMitchell I had forgotten that on the Elise the DRL's were integrated to the headlight, unlike the Evora where they are a separate item.

Glad to see Lotus has responded positively. That, is good customer service.

The small print.

• 4 weeks later...

Parks. Bad bad bad  

They also censored my Google review of them. 

At least when Leven damaged my car twice 2 years ago they had the leadership at the top to own up and fix the damage they caused.  Not here at Parks so beware all of you. 

I would suggest you read my FB post on Lotus Ecosse. I can’t be bothered with dealing with these dishonest guys again and the car needs to now be delivered by them straight to CMC on Thursday to check their ability to work on the car properly, do the service properly and fix the warranty parts correctly.