Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Traction Control Problem! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Traction Control Problem!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LotusCup said:

For some reason, the traction control lights up on my 250 Cup and I can't turn on my sport mode... Anyone here experienced this? Please help!

What mods did you perform already? Might have something to do with that.

Just get an ECU readout at a dealership or buy an odb reader yourself. Could be anything!

Can you turn it off completely? Because in all honesty, traction control is very meh on the Elise :)
I never drive with it on anymore.

Edited by Petrolgeneration

1 hour ago, Petrolgeneration said:

What mods did you perform already? Might have something to do with that.

Just get an ECU readout at a dealership or buy an odb reader yourself. Could be anything!

Can you turn it off completely? Because in all honesty, traction control is very meh on the Elise :)
I never drive with it on anymore.

I want to turn it off completely! Really don't need it too... I tried turning it off and then sport mode on, after a few km the sport mode went out and couldn't switch back on... car is all stock, but my parts are all ready for installation. I just wanna solve the traction issue first before installing the parts! I just wish Lotus just made the car with always sport mode on and no traction control... made it more fun.

Read some topics and they said it has something to do with the brake switch?

Edited by LotusCup

have the same problem.

tried the brake light switch and abs sensors without result.

33 minutes ago, LotusCup said:

I want to turn it off completely! Really don't need it too... I tried turning it off and then sport mode on, after a few km the sport mode went out and couldn't switch back on... car is all stock, but my parts are all ready for installation. I just wanna solve the traction issue first before installing the parts! I just wish Lotus just made the car with always sport mode on and no traction control... made it more fun.

Read some topics and they said it has something to do with the brake switch?

Sport mode IS a TC enabled mode. It just allows a bit more slip than normal mode but it's still pretty bad.

Just get a readout. Probably some random error code. 

yes still have the problem, i know i have to get a read out.

i do not drive the car at the moment, will get a read out as soon as it gets on the road again.

On 14/08/2020 at 16:06, Hangar 111 said:

I'm starting to sound like a stuck record, but, this.

Dave

Yeah that's the idea, but the local dealer here s@&ks! they just closed down the showroom and the service team are all gone LOL!