Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sunday 12th August, Cambridgeshire - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sunday 12th August, Cambridgeshire

Bazza 907

Top man Gerald Turner from GST Performance and Club Lotus Cambridgeshire are organising a lotus evening "Five Miles from Anywhere"

Sunday 12th August from 5pm onwards at the Five Miles Inn, Upware, Cambs. CB7 5ZR

Apparently its a great pub on the river. Nothing specific organised other than a pleasant evening eating and drinking with lots of lotuses

I'm planning to go and (unless it looks a bit wet) Chris Mickey Mouse will be going.

Anybody else up for it?

If so perhaps you could post here and let Rob at rob@cambsclublotus.org.uk know before 5th August.

Bazza

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I might even take "minni Mouse" as well!

Looking forward to a country pub by a bubbling river, real ales and good food and lots of Lotus. Dont get much better.

If there's to many Elises, we can find out if they float! ;)

Assuming the weathers good I'll pop over on my bike.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Not sure if the landlord went bust - I think that it might a relative of Gerald's so maybe they've just taken it over?

Chaps - Do remember to drop Rob an email so he knows you're coming - unless your Kimbers of course as the bike won't take up 'mushroom' in the car park.

A few of us from LEC will be there as well!

It's a great venue and IS run by Gerald's relatives. We had a meet there earlier this month and were well looked after.

See you there.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Gerald on Tuesday as he was doing my service and mot. The pub has been taken over by his relatives. I'll be there providing the weather's not lousy (forecast looks good). I'm giving the esprit a good clean over the weekend and I like to see it stay that way for a week or two!

Brendan

Penny and I are definitely going. From an exchange of PMs this morning I'm pretty sure Mr & Mrs Bazza are too. And, provided there's not even the remotest chance of any rain falling from the sky, I suspect that Chris (esprit22) may also grace us with his presence :thumbsup:

You still planning on putting in an appearance, Kimbers?

Penny and I are definitely going. From an exchange of PMs this morning I'm pretty sure Mr & Mrs Bazza are too. And, provided there's not even the remotest chance of any rain falling from the sky, I suspect that Chris (esprit22) may also grace us with his presence :thumbup:

You still planning on putting in an appearance, Kimbers?

Only if you get the beers in...! :thumbsup:

Just to put the record straight. I think the very kind James bought a massive round just before he left the pub. I bought the one before that so......who's round is it next Chris eh ???? :welcome:

Driving up tomorrow after hopefully seeing Arsenal kick off the season with a win at the Emirates against Fulham.

"Come on you reds" :whistle:

Bazza

I might join you all tomorrow evening.

The car perfomrmed OK on its little run to March yesterday ( all suspension puilled apart , brakes disturbed etc, so now I've got the confidence in it again (squealing tyres on roundabouts ay less then 30mph wasn't good), I think an evening run should be OK. You'll know if i get close, I've got an annoying rattle on the car to fix.

Andy

Diane and I will be there tomorrow too, have to be there for Gerald, he is such a top guy

Done all my jobs today so I can hopefully get cleaning tomorrow - as long as a higher authority does not come up with some more for me:-)

Regards

Fred

I might join you all tomorrow evening.

The car perfomrmed OK on its little run to March yesterday ( all suspension puilled apart , brakes disturbed etc, so now I've got the confidence in it again (squealing tyres on roundabouts ay less then 30mph wasn't good), I think an evening run should be OK. You'll know if i get close, I've got an annoying rattle on the car to fix.

Andy

Oh well I cannot find the cause of the annoying rattle, so i don't feel confident now, I could just rely ont he AA card and mobile telephone, but I prefer not to break down too far from home.

Just want to echo Chris's comments. Great meet in a nice location and a pleasure to see everyone. Always a joy to see a nice Essex - well done Bazza and Chris's 'G' was a joy to oggle at too. Excellent stuff.