Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Silver Evora S1 with black pack A511 Woodville - just after 4pm Saturday 07/11/2020 - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Silver Evora S1 with black pack A511 Woodville - just after 4pm Saturday 07/11/2020

EuropaSman

• Gold FFM

Passed a silver Evora S1 with black pack (reg KS10TUS?) on the bend just after the Hepworth Road traffic lights in Woodville heading towards the Clock Garage. I was in my Leon DD driving the other way towards Ashby De La Zouch.

Was it the silver N/A IPS that had been for sale at Acorn Group Burntwood around April 2020 site?

Edited by EuropaSman
Typos!!
  • Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• 1 month later...

There are alot OF YES'S in reply to this spotted post 🤣🤣🤣

Twas me lol. It is the one from Burntwood, first time in my life buying from a dealer and they treated me really well in replacing bit and bobs for free afterwards.

Hopefully in the future it won't be silver and will be modded but not too crazy, well for me 🙄.

You in burton/swad then

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I see a really nice white one with the GT wing around as well which is lovely. Always at DIY places in swad and burton, as the evora is a versatile estate car also 🤣🤣, I believe there is a pretty new one hiding somewhere near Measham as he is an old friends neighbour. He has a collection of loti. 

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM

Yes, there are a few around the Burton/Ashby/Swad area. I'm in Ashby with a Launch Edition, there's Brendan in Twycross who has an early N/A in red (I believe another Launch Edition?), then there's a laser blue S1 Evora in Castle Donington, and the white S1 you've mentioned I've seen at Swarkestone Bridge heading towards Derby during the morning commute when I was living in Burton (not far from Unit 4 and a few miles from PJS). I think there might be a yellow S1 Evora in Moira, but not sure, and I believe there might be one other Evora S1 in Burton.

There was a 410 Sport in Etwall, but not sure if the guy still has it as one remarkably similar to his popped up for sale at Sytner Select Leicester a couple of months ago. Both his car and mine appeared in Absolute Lotus magazine last year for the Evora Evaluation feature.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

WOW, so basically in a 10mile radius we have ALL the evora's ha ha

Im from the esprit world originally & had probably the first heavily modded street show car, which some ppl loved & a lot in the esprit world hated LMAO, nitrous on a esprit and every panel changed why not ha ha. it was featured in a lot mags and even on 5th gear, ive been on the forum from the early days but had to sell esprit due to business issues, so hopefully im back now in the evora, how long for i don't know but i hope for a long time so i can upset everyone once more lol (evora ppl seem more into modding though). Im feeling front & rear bumper changes, barge boards, splitter etc. serious wheels, lit up engine, maybe rip out rear seat for harnesses and sub etc etc etc, as i intend to keep it for life now a twin turbo conversion + nos. 

see how it goes, i assume there are still meets in the warmer months. i'm an old school supercar london tunnel runner and used to organise cruises and errr "cough" street racing. not been in that game for many years now though. 

EuropaSman, your only 4 miles from me then as i live near the clock garage (where you saw me)

what is classed as a launch edition? (not really up on evoras tbh) mine is a 2012 but tbh i think it was made in 2011, had a lot of issues when i bought it as i couldnt insure the car because DVLA etc thought it was a Evora S manual.

I am just outside Leicester closer to Coalville way so never seen any Evora around here 

be nice to see a few more Evoras in the flesh and I would like to know someone who can teach me about modding then again I am dim when it comes to technical things 😳

I just have a the ideas when it comes to modding, my friends are the ones that make the magic happen ha ha. My bodyshop friend built a car for someone that won every car show in Europe in a year. He did my esprit, actually invented the body kit, as of course they don't exist 🙄🙄😅😅. My garage guy, sadly not in business now, did my nitrous systems, lowering etc etc, electric mods. Grew up around the max power generation I'm afraid ha ha. My elan and esprit were in max powers top 100 cars.

Just makes you stand out in a car that already makes you stand out naturally, only owned the evora 4 months and I have had a few "is it a mclaren mate" comments 🤣🤣🤣

Drove though Coalville/leic area the other day.... "Maybe" racing an new m4 competition black,,, not a beemer fan but wow, unofficially I can say the evora is quick to 135-140mph but starts to slooow down. I'm in a NA so I'm thinking that's why, on the corners though the beemer didn't stand a chance. Handles better than an esprit. 

7 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

I think there might be a yellow S1 Evora in Moira

Actually there's two in Moira. The yellow one you mention (still haven't seen the owner although I cycle past his house with the kids most weekends) and mine. Common as muck round here.

That's it I'm selling mine now, I like to own rare lotus's 😂😂

Need to change it ASAP 😅

We must have the biggest congregation of them in the uk

Random question to all the 10mile radius evora crew lol, mine is on 32k and now worried at 36k it needs a c service or at least box oil on top of service. I would usually go to a mate but he went out of business, why are some ppl saying £350 and others 1k, seems crazy differences. I'm unhappy if I pay £150 lol. 

Someone mentioned PJS, he is £1040 that seems insane. 

I never used a lotus place with esprit but I don't have that luxury now, clutch on the esprit cost me £280 👍👍

There’s many differing opinions on whether to use official or independent lotus garages or even mates garages  ? 
as I have looked and not used so I can’t say for sure on independent places have only used PJS & Central lotus. Both are typical lotus prices but you do get a standard of parts and workmanship 

I believe there must be a fine guy who has knowledge and ability to do standard or modified works ? Also he must be in a 20-30 miles radius 

to date not found had found a former Storm lotus guy who turned out to be a waste of time ! 

Might not do a full service c as looked at my book and it's had trans fluid at 14k and all the filters and brake fluids 3k ago, it was serviced again before I bought it. So maybe just need a belt and trans in 10k etc. Make up my own service schedule ha ha.

Sparks,, oil etc anyone can do (it's a JDM car after all 😜😜) , just the trans as it's an ips I would like doing correctly. 

Give Gavin a call at Unit 4 in Burton. He's an ex Lotus / TVR mechanic and has looked after my Lotus for the last 8 years since I moved to the area. He's the dogs danglers and very well regarded in the Lotus community.

Edited by BigTed
  • Like 1

ahhh i know unit 4 now (weird as PJS and unit 4 have the same unit number), used to drive past there quite a few times a week on hawkins lane, just round the corner from my friends old garage and the other guys down wharf road.

Might drop him an email when the time comes as he can do my trans fluid at S belt.

Sounds good to me as i work in burton so can walk there.