Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can somebody please buy me this for Christmas? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Can somebody please buy me this for Christmas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful indeed. I fear not the easiest car to own or drive, from conversations I have had with owners.

Elan probably better as an ownership experience. Not as pretty though.

JustinΒ 

Β 

I’ve owned a few Elans in my time and loved those but always loved the design of the first Elite more.Β It was the car that first got me interested in brand Lotus. As a 9 year old boy, I thought it the most stunningly beautiful car I’d ever seen and the subsequent 61 years have done nothing to diminishΒ that view. There’s not one bad angle, wherever you view it from, it’s just right.

I know it can be a challenge to own but for me it is the pure essence of Chapmans lightness philosophy. Nothing there that doesn’t need to be.Β 

There can’t be many cars that still look as beautiful today as they did over 60 years ago.Β 

19 minutes ago, Spinney said:

There can’t be many cars that still look as beautiful today as they did over 60 years ago.Β 

Nor owners. Alas.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

9 hours ago, calvan said:

Nor owners. Alas.

Oh I don’t know, I still have all my own hair, and a glint in my eye!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

The only other car I would say looks as good today as when it was announced, is the Series 1 E Type. Again it’s a design that is just right.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 09:04, Spinney said:

Oh I don’t know, I still have all my own hair, and a glint in my eye!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Just the one eye?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Β