Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Unauthorised use of Lotus Logo - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Unauthorised use of Lotus Logo

I have been contacted by Lotus Cars and asked to remove the "amended" Lotus logo from the online sites due to the distortion and unauthorised use of the logo. I have therefore replaced the original LEGS Logo with the Scottish Flag.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Great way to go Lotus. So purile and a great way to thank members for their loyal support and goodwill.

If nonsense like this is the future I may as well buy a Porsche as it's the sort of behaviour I'd expect of them.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH my thoughts exactly. Instead of something positive they have achieved a negative outcome. Surely it would have been better simply to correct the groups logo.

or maybe - they just don’t care about Scottish owners 🤨

• Sad 1

Only here once

My understanding is that it is the fact that the word LOTUS has been replaced by the word LEGS which makes it distorted. To use the new Lotus Logo we would need to have a trade mark licence from Lotus to use it. I thought it best to take down the distorted logo and in the short term replace it with a Saltire.

@C8RKH Andy, I think if you were to distort the PORSCHE logo by replacing that word with another e.g. PORKER, the folks in Stuttgart would have something to say about it.

Intellectual property is a big thing to large corporations.

In my business many years ago one of my Managers used the Superman Logo in one of his promotional mail shot leaflets. Universal Pictures were right on the case and threatened legal action if we continued to use it. We had to pay them compensation of £1 for our misdemeanour. Not a lot of money, it was more about the unauthorised use of their intellectual property.

Marvellous. That sends such a positive vibe out to us all by Lotus. 

I’m not sure what anybody else thinks but I wouldn’t want the new Lotus logo anywhere in whatever we use in the future anyway as it looks like a bored 5 year old created it. Never liked it and not just because of this. 

Stuff em.  We can come up with something better and more apt I’m sure

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

7 hours ago, bingoking said:

My understanding is that it is the fact that the word LOTUS has been replaced by the word LEGS which makes it distorted. To use the new Lotus Logo we would need to have a trade mark licence from Lotus to use it. I thought it best to take down the distorted logo and in the short term replace it with a Saltire.

@C8RKH Andy, I think if you were to distort the PORSCHE logo by replacing that word with another e.g. PORKER, the folks in Stuttgart would have something to say about it.

Intellectual property is a big thing to large corporations.

In my business many years ago one of my Managers used the Superman Logo in one of his promotional mail shot leaflets. Universal Pictures were right on the case and threatened legal action if we continued to use it. We had to pay them compensation of £1 for our misdemeanour. Not a lot of money, it was more about the unauthorised use of their intellectual property.

Brian - my gripe is they know who you guys are and the valued, multiple custom, you guys have brought over the years. FFS, many of you are good mates with the Head of Dealers at Lotus!  So, a little bit of common sense and a reach out, in a simple polite manner to ask you to modify/desist and maybe offer some help and guidance to make the logo "official" or licensed.  We're a small community at the moment so a small amount of thought re the approach would go a long way. It just maybe is starting to feel like Lotus doesn't want "us drivers" and owners any more.  I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong.

@tim_marra - an easy way to visualise me in a Porsche would be to think of me as the suppository rammed between the arse cheeks!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Funny how the powers that be will come at you for a small logo infringement which is only seen by a few enthusiasts, is very tongue in cheek and actually pretty well thought out..... but completely ignore the glaringly obvious disgruntlement with the lack of progress and flawed communication with a Scottish dealership which is sitting at the top of the LEGS page. 

I’m pretty gob smacked and disappointed they’ve obviously read that thread and are literally sticking their fingers in their ears and looking the other way without comment.