Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any recommendation for the chassis reinforce? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Any recommendation for the chassis reinforce?

So one of my friend who tracking his 2015 exige V6 a lot told me that after heavy track use, the exige seems loose somewhere and start to making nose everywhere.

And I will running my exige on track more and more so is there any chassis reinforce parts I can use to boost the stiffness before it’s too late?

Roll cage is not my option cause I need to keep it road legal. Where I live roll cage is not allow in a road car.

D0807F62-391C-4C61-8D09-2EAA16CFB97C.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you're going to be tracking your car a lot have you thought about replacing your Toe Links (which can, rarely, snap) with the ones from Spitfire Engineering?  They are much more solid and they also do a "chassis brace" which will help to firm up the rear AND provide some support for the rear chassis/frame.

Relatively cheap mod and very safety/reliability focused, but could make a difference.

http://www.spitfireengineering.com/

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Highly unlikely your friend's chassis is deteriorating, as with every car that's used regularly on track,  inspection of the condition of the parts attached to the chassis is key:

Dampers

Bushes

Suspension links

wheel bearings

CV joints

Engine mounts,

Exhaust system

By no means is that a complete list but a good start.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Front chassis brace is a good idea :) 

Having said that, it’s not as if the chassis is becoming flexible, it’s much more likely to be bushes on suspension components etc. Just enjoy the car and replace parts when needed and it’ll still feel fresh. 

Thank you William, always the most rapid reply from you. Any idea where can find a front chassis brace for exige?

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you're going to be tracking your car a lot have you thought about replacing your Toe Links (which can, rarely, snap) with the ones from Spitfire Engineering?  They are much more solid and they also do a "chassis brace" which will help to firm up the rear AND provide some support for the rear chassis/frame.

Relatively cheap mod and very safety/reliability focused, but could make a difference.

http://www.spitfireengineering.com/

I will consider it when I decide to replace the stock bilstein to go with nitron, but if you told me those toe links will extra firm up the rear I definitely will do it. Especially I will get much more power than stock.

16 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Highly unlikely your friend's chassis is deteriorating, as with every car that's used regularly on track,  inspection of the condition of the parts attached to the chassis is key:

Dampers

Bushes

Suspension links

wheel bearings

CV joints

Engine mounts,

Exhaust system

By no means is that a complete list but a good start.

Thank you Arun for your clarity clue, so you mean there is no need to worry about this aluminum glue chassis at all?

there is a theory said that this chassis is stiff enough 15 years ago when it just released.

But nowadays especially the develop of the tire make the game change dramatically. And they are imply that it won’t handle super sticky slick tire well like M2C,718 or other modern sports car.

And that’s the reason the exige have much better power to weight ratio but didn’t seems to have enough advantage on track compare to modern sports car,Blah blah.

6 hours ago, Leo Exige said:

I will consider it when I decide to replace the stock bilstein to go with nitron, but if you told me those toe links will extra firm up the rear I definitely will do it. Especially I will get much more power than stock.

With the brace on it will be stiffer!

"imply that it won’t handle super sticky slick tire well like M2C,718 or other modern sports car" - and yet they have been racing for years with no issues etc. The hardest environment for any sticky tyres and chassis.  I'm not sure if you are worrying about the wrong things here re the chassis.  

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!