Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Daytona v Essex blue - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Daytona v Essex blue

Eureka

Seriously considering ordering a final edition Cup 250, thought it would be easy choosing the colour and options but the more I think about it all the more difficult it becomes! Still, a nice problem to have. 😊

Just wondering what the difference is between the Daytona v Essex blues?

Haven't seen either in person (I'm in Aus) so can only rely on google images. From these, it seems that Essex is slightly darker and has more metallic? However, Lotus configurator indicates Daytona may be slightly darker?

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the two colours in the same photo?

Basically, I don't want to go with anything that is too dark. Can either be compared to the Focus RS nitrous blue? I can relate to that as my son has one.

Also, I want the hard top but am a bit worried there will be too much blue. I'm not overly keen on the black pack, which leaves maybe going for the carbon roof and roll bar cover (if it's available, no mention on configurator). Only problem is cost!

I realise this sort of stuff is subjective...but what do you guys think about one of the blues with/without carbon roof and roll bar cover?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Essex is mature, grown up, classy, smooth.  Exudes confidence etc.

Daytona blue is young, vibrant, playful, mischievous. 

Which one best sums you up?  Both gorgeous colours by the way. And both look absolutely superb on the Elise.  Great problem to have :)

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Essex is mature, grown up, classy, smooth.  Exudes confidence etc.

Daytona blue is young, vibrant, playful, mischievous. 

Which one best sums you up?  Both gorgeous colours by the way. And both look absolutely superb on the Elise.  Great problem to have :)

Thanks, hadn't really thought of it in those terms but I understand what you mean.

I suspect I identify with the former but feel the Cup 250 is more about the latter... 😉

• Like 1

Essex Blue Cup and Metallic Blue 220

0BC90D2B-A039-4ED3-AEA6-A92A9BD10FBC.jpeg

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

4 hours ago, Peapod said:

Haven't got a picture of Essex Blue but Daytona Blue is not metallic.

That's what I originally assumed (from photos)...but was then confused because it comes under the "metallic" section on the paint configurator.

I'm with you though, it must be a solid colour.

4 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Essex Blue Cup and Metallic Blue 220

0BC90D2B-A039-4ED3-AEA6-A92A9BD10FBC.jpeg

Thanks, both nice (and similar).

Was wanting something lighter than these and Daytona certainly appears lighter, so think I'll head down that route.

Or metallic white 🙃. I really should stop thinking about it.

Any thoughts on whether it will be too much blue (with hard top)?

Don't want black pack so considering paying the extra for carbon roof and roll-over hoop. Alternatively, I guess I could order it without and later have these items wrapped if it's too much blue. Never had anything wrapped before though, assume this is do-able.

Don't trust the configurator, it's way out on quite a few of the colours. However, it might be worth asking your dealer to ask Lotus if there has been any change to the spec of Daytona Blue for the FE cars . Some of these colours have had numerous different shades over the years so it's always possible (although very unlikely) that they have darkened it and the configurator is closer than we think!

As already said, Daytona Blue is non-metallic and quite a bright colour. Like all the bright colours it looks fantastic on the Elise, very special. Maybe not ideal for the shy type :lol:

Essex Blue is a more grown-up/ordinary colour, the sort of mid metallic blue you can see on mainstream cars, less special, less shouty.

For the roof, you can wrap it (and roll bar cover) in matte black quite easily. You can't go the other way though, you can't wrap a black roof to body colour, you would never get a colour match. Anyway who cares, surely you will have the softop fitted/off most of the time :)

I've decided to go with Daytona and have now ordered ☺️:

Elise Cup 250 "final edition"

• Daytona blue
  • Standard alcantara interior with blue seat padding
  • Hard top (painted)
  • no black pack
  • red brake calipers
  • floor mats
  • cruise control

August build with approx. October delivery.

I will confirm with dealer that Daytona paint code hasn't changed lately, thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Excellent, IMHO that's the right colour decision and with that spec the car will look flipping beautiful :thumbsup:

October? Blimey that's a fair wait, I would be constantly fidgeting with impatience for the next 8 months :lol:

Still, something fabulous to look forward to so I think that hearty congratulations are in order :)

11 hours ago, Eureka said:

I've decided to go with Daytona and have now ordered ☺️:

Elise Cup 250 "final edition"

• Daytona blue
  • Standard alcantara interior with blue seat padding
  • Hard top (painted)
  • no black pack
  • red brake calipers
  • floor mats
  • cruise control

August build with approx. October delivery.

I will confirm with dealer that Daytona paint code hasn't changed lately, thanks for the tip.

No AC?

31 minutes ago, duncx said:

Excellent, IMHO that's the right colour decision and with that spec the car will look flipping beautiful :thumbsup:

October? Blimey that's a fair wait, I would be constantly fidgeting with impatience for the next 8 months :lol:

Still, something fabulous to look forward to so I think that hearty congratulations are in order :)

Thanks, yes bit of a wait but strangely that’s part of the fun. When the Elise was first announced (95/96?) I placed an order straight away and had to wait a while then too, eventually had amongst the first in the country (UK). The final edition will be my 4th Elise, it seems fitting to own one of the last too. 😀

23 minutes ago, SFO said:

No AC?

Air con is standard in Australia. If it wasn’t I would have optioned it!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2021 at 04:44, ilpugno said:

Congratulations Eureka! If you’re in Melb, come down to the dealership. My Daytona Blue Elise just arrived and will be there for a couple of days. 

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Brisbane.

Would be good to see photos of your car though...many congrats!

• 2 weeks later...