Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
thoughts on soft top option? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

thoughts on soft top option?

delta3

hello everyone, my dealer said they could spec a coupe with soft top as it saves weight without splurging for the carbon fiber roof and said it most likely wouldn't affect structural rigidity or safety. what are your thoughts? i'm not concerned about increased nvh. thanks!

I bought the soft top option on my 350  when I picked up from new last summer and had it on ever since.

I’ve e not actually gotten around to refitting the hardtop and it’s been pretty weatherproof despite all the rain and snow .

I bought mine on the 50/50 deal along with the aim dashboard and a 4 speaker upgrade and fitted a single din pop out head unit with Dab .  Upgrading the speakers is a must if you intend to drive the car regularly.

I would say the soft top is a nice to have option as it can be added later and the hard top roof comes off pretty easily for those days you just want to go for a open top blast.

5 hours ago, DangerousDave said:

My dealer told me that the hardtop and soft top mounting points are different so whichever u spec the car with is what u can use. Can't have both i tried.

😮 Which dealer was that? Have they not noticed how many cars are driving around with both? 😎

7 hours ago, DangerousDave said:

My dealer told me that the hardtop and soft top mounting points are different so whichever u spec the car with is what u can use. Can't have both i tried.

If you purchase a roadster then it will come with the 2 pre-drilled soft top holes on the rear bulkhead, Coupes do not .

Actually it is a simple process to do with a Dremel and you then just need to buy the 2 plastic inserts 

On 22/02/2021 at 11:55, Tex said:

If you purchase a roadster then it will come with the 2 pre-drilled soft top holes on the rear bulkhead, Coupes do not .

Actually it is a simple process to do with a Dremel and you then just need to buy the 2 plastic inserts 

yup, i've done it twice so far, i think i have photos somewhere in this forum

I was looking at this and as above the dealer said it was do drama to retro fitted, just needs a couple of holes, as above, my biggest issues were the availability of the soft top (might be a local thing) and that 9 out of 10 I see on the road drive with the roofs on (which is a local thing).