Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Error P0700, P2173, P2104, P2105, P0172, P0175 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Error P0700, P2173, P2104, P2105, P0172, P0175

Hi all, 

New to the forum and new to Lotus Exige V6s IPS ownership. Took the car out for a drive today and after about 1 hour of driving I was coming off a carrigeway and suddenly could not change gear, at the light I turned the car off and tried to turn back on again but it wouldn't start. Took the key out and put back in and then it started fine. Errors on the dash were engine warning light, traction light and transmission light. Checked with the ODB2 reader and it showed the following errors:

P0700 - Tramission Control System (MIL Request)

P2173 - Throttle Actuator Control System High Airflow detected

P2104 - Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Idle

P2105 - Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Engine Shutdown

P0172 - System too rich Bank 1

P0175 -  System too rich Bank 2

I cleared the codes and the car seemed to drive fine when in manual mode on the IPS. In auto drive it feels a bit sluggish almost like their is a slight throttle deadzone.

Anybody had anything like this before??? Do I need to clean some sensors maybe?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is the car standard? If it is, could well be the MAF sensor, worth checking the connection and using a cable tie to secure the connection when you re-connect. Lotus did issue a TSB to this effect a while back. 

Were you stuck in 3rd gear by chance?

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Disconnect it, clean with contact cleaner, reconnect and cable tie like this. 👍

5a2f27501e86c_ss(2017-12-12at11_46.26).jpg.b14e3047c05ca0fcad100901145afeb6.jpg

The car goes into 3rd gear as a safety measure due to the CEL. It's not an issue with the gearbox at all but is to help you get home. The codes you've got indicate the car isn't sure of the airflow so is dumping in more fuel  rather than going lean and popping something badly then working out via the o2 sensors that's there's too much. 

I took the MAF sensor off and gave it a clean with Halfords Electrical Contact Cleaner and followed a guide on how to do it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91Au2vdd5Q).

Have also used zip ties like you explained. I just took the car for a drive and it seems better with not stuttering and no error codes however the car does seem a bit lumpy especially when in drive mode.

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The ECU is probably having a headache, see how it settles down after a few miles 👍

Ok, do you think it is worth taking the front pannel off and disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to force the ECU to reset? I don't particularly want to do this but will do if its going to help.

I had previously an Exige V6 IPS and when I got this lights on the dashboard and errors it was the brake switch gone. It was replaced and everything worked fine after that.

3 hours ago, FF said:

I had previously an Exige V6 IPS and when I got this lights on the dashboard and errors it was the brake switch gone. It was replaced and everything worked fine after that.

Did you fit this yourself? Where is it located in our cars? Thanks

1 hour ago, livekarma said:

Did you fit this yourself? Where is it located in our cars? Thanks

It is located behind the brake pedal on the top. It was changed by the dealer. Sometimes is needed as well a calibration of the sensor using the Lotus software so is better to change it at the dealer if possible.

I changed 2 times in 4 years ( I can say is a consumable 😂😂😂 ). The first time no calibration needed, the 2nd time it was required.

Edited by FF

@FF, I'm not sure you'd have had throttle actuator control and running rich errors with a brake position sensor problem. They would be different error codes. The error codes listed in the topic title and first post all point towards the car not knowing how much air is entering, therefore incorrectly fuelling.

• Like 1