Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

Hi all, 

Just joined the forum proper after placing an order back in Feb for a 390 FE, on Fire Red which seems to be a popular choice now on here. 

Mine isn't due until August, which is killing me, but wondered if anyone had already taken delivery. Curious how it compares to the outgoing 350?

Did find one review on YouTube, but it was a bit generic. 

Matt

• Like 1

Hey.
I ordered one early January and am due for delivery end of this month all being well. I'll do a video of it once I get it.
My spec was:
- 390 FE
- Solid Yellow
- Black Pack delete
- Black forged wheels
- Alcantara Seats w/ yellow stitching
- Black interior accents
- Alcantara Wheel
- Alcantara Sills
- Full Carpet
- Stereo
- Air Con
- Cruise Control

The thing I'm curious about is how the actual 0-60 time compares to other Exige models, as the claimed one on the website is obviously just from the marketing and sales departments.
- Sport 350 (345hp & 1125kg) was claimed 0-60 at 3.7 seconds
- Sport 380 (375hp & 1110kg) was claimed 0-60 at 3.5 seconds
- Sport 410 (410hp & 1110kg) was claimed 0-60 at 3.3 seconds
- Sport 420 (420hp & 1110kg) was claimed 0-60 at 3.3 seconds
The Sport 390 is (397hp & 1138kg) but has a claimed 0-60 of 3.7 seconds same as the 350 despite the extra 52hp. I suspect in reality it's just shy of the Sport 410 at around 3.4 seconds but the marketing department didn't want it too close to the 420 or it wouldn't seem worth the extra £18k :)

Although saying that, as an average driver there's zero chance I'd get anywhere near those 0-60 numbers anyway so possibly an irrelevant statistic :)

I'm just in process of sending deposit for almost same spec as ShaodanJAB sans carpets,stereo and cruise control. 
July delivery expected. I actually asked dealership to get as late date of delivery as possible, even in 2022, but they said their latest slot is July. (I asked for late delivery, because garage will be built at the end of year)

Edited by Inversed
  • Like 1

I understand all the build slots to be taken as well now, and no more changes could be made to existing ones . I was told mine was one of the last ones for July completion, then with delivery to the dealer and PDI the car is available for early August'ish. I thought a few might have been delivered by now. 

Maybe the dealer your dealing with is selling you the slot they would have otherwise used as a dealer stock car. They would be able to change the order specification to your preferences up until a couple of weeks before it goes into production.

I changed mine a couple of times after I'd placed the order back in Jan and the dealer and factory was fine with it.

Yes, it would probably be a dealer stock if they didn't get order.

What did you respec few times? Was any particular part you weren't sure about. As we will have very similar cars I'm intrigued. I was thinking about full carpets and sound insulation a lot, but I decided not to get them and keep it raw. Another thing is that I really want black rear, but not a black roof. They can't do half-half black pack.

So I added Alcantara Sills and Alcantara Wheel after I made the initial order. Also added full carpets as I wanted it to feel a bit more premium inside.

I was told the same thing about the black pack, you can't mix and match anymore. You either have it or don't with the Final Edition.  I decided that I preferred the look of the non-black pack, so I went for that.

The alcantara sills sounds good but the reality is to get in and out of the car you sit and slide yourself across them. 

They could start to look a bit shabby after a while. Hopefully they won’t but just be mindful of that.

I tried to add an alcantara wheel today (May build), a big nope.

Not a big deal but would have probably been a nice touch.

Mine is 390fe. 

Fire red with black pack.

Black wheels.

Cruise control. 

Floor matt's.

Aircon is fortunately standard on the Australian cars.

Edited by TTim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Diablos-666 said:

The alcantara sills sounds good but the reality is to get in and out of the car you sit and slide yourself across them. 

They could start to look a bit shabby after a while. Hopefully they won’t but just be mindful of that.

Yeah, I used to have an S3 Elise. Luckily I'm very flexible and already perfected my entry/exit technique. I'm not a "slider" :) 

I also didn't get alcantara sills beacuse I was just too afraid they would get ruined fast. I don't mind the look of leather ones. Probably not too expensive to redo them anyways.

Did anyone ask Lotus for additional soft-top? I kinda would like to have both tops, not yet sure. How much does it cost to get it extra?

2 hours ago, Inversed said:

I also didn't get alcantara sills beacuse I was just too afraid they would get ruined fast. I don't mind the look of leather ones. Probably not too expensive to redo them anyways.

Did anyone ask Lotus for additional soft-top? I kinda would like to have both tops, not yet sure. How much does it cost to get it extra?

If you want a soft top on the Exige, you have to get the car converted to hold the centre brackets. It's only a simple job apparently and loads of people on here have done it but it wont come as standard.

3 hours ago, delta3 said:

i'll also be getting an additional soft top after delivery. not sure how much it costs, but guessing it won't be an issue.

£1006 for the soft top (they were I believe on back order but that may have changed since)

£54 for the two stays

£8 for the inserts for the stays (front)

£14 for the inserts for the stays (rear)

£55 for the soft top stowage bag (advisable to keep it in good shape)

So that will be £1138 plus VAT.

If you buy it through the TLF shop you will get a 10% discount I believe!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited for my 390 FE. I've spent days looking at all elise/exige videos on youtube already :) It's going to be my first Lotus (coming from GT86). It's going to be a big step up in engine power.

How is everyone holding their excitement down? :)
Would you say that 390 FE will be least popular choice of all final editions? How many do you think they will produce? They probably wont number them and final count will remain unknown?

Total count on TLF as far as I've seen is (sorted by estimated delivery):
- Solid Yellow RHD in April for ShodanJAB
- Fire Red LHD in May for TTim 
- Fire Red RHD in June for Matt
- Daytona Blue in July for delta3
- Solid Yellow LHD in July for Inversed
- Fire Red RHD in August for Matthew
- ??? in ??? for DangerousDave

Edited by Inversed
  • Like 2

Spoke to silverstone last week about a soft top for mine. Ordered that(12weeks wait apparently 🤦‍♂️) and was also told the car will be coming in in the next few weeks  😁

But I won’t have anywhere to put it until June 🤬 as my extension being currently done with nice new garage  will not be done 🤯 

• Like 1

Metalic Grey Getting some BC rt51's in amber/gold ohlins ttx. Carbon sills both hard and soft top.

Once I figure out which parts fit on v6 exige vs FE390 which i'm guessing is everything... I'll be paying that garage shimaya a big order.

Had they allowed me to get something other than nitrons i may have got a 430 instead.