Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lithium battery - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lithium battery

Some help required please.....wanting to shed some kilos on exige 410. Woud.the following battery work in the car?

https://www.lithiumax.com.au/product-page/lithiumax-gen-2-restart9-lcd-900ca-ultra-lite-engine-starter-battery

Weight is 3.9kg and not crazily priced. Do the specs meet the cars requirments????

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Davey D said:

This is the factory fit battery in mine. You can download the spec sheet on there to compare:

https://www.batterycharged.co.uk/super-b-sb12v25p-sc-lithium-1243688.html

Thanks mate.....i actually went to super B's website to see if i could pick the battery model lotus used as factory option but got overwhelmed. This makes it easy

Depending on how much weight you want to save vs how much you want to spend,  you could airways get an AGM battery. 

I started a thread a while ago when I thought my lithium battery had died. The final post covers the weight difference

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone answer this......is it normal for the exiges to get flat batteries if only driven once per week? my car is 1 year old and has the standard battery(not lithium) and i was driving it on average once per week from new and it went completely dead on me when i went to start it one day. I had to get it towed to dealership who sold me a trickle charger(expensive one), and installed a plug in my boot to keep it on trickle charge all the time.

is this normal? 

From another source, I was told that if the car was not draining power somewhere that the battery should never go dead if driven once per week......especially if the battery is only 1 year old. 

Is it possible that there is an electrical issue somewhere in the car draining power? or is it normal for these cars to get flat batteries if driven once per week?

In the manual it states if you have a lithium battery leaving it locked with alarm it will go flat it around 2 weeks. If leaving it longer just lock it with the key

My car had the standard battery though. I always locked it with alarm and drove it once per week, and battery went flat after 11 months. It was able to be recharged at the dealer and now ive been told to always leave on trickle charge after they sold me a charger. Is this normal for a lead acid battery?  I was under impression, that a standard battery does not need trickle charge if driven once a week. Or do exiges have parasitic drains?

@Sotirios depends how long your drives are...  you say that the dealer was able to recharge the battery, that's good, but it's not that good for the longevity of the battery that it become deep discharged in the first place.

Would say: bad battery to start with OR too short drives (cranking the engine uses a lot of power) OR power drain.

The latter can be tested by putting a multimeter in series over the negative battery terminal and the ground/negative cable.  Should not read more than 20mA or so.

• Like 1