Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ararat Insane Asylum in Victoria - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ararat Insane Asylum in Victoria

ramjet

• Gold FFM

So my daughter Alicia, goes for a trip this weekend just past to the above mentioned place. It is now closed down and is a tourist attraction.

On the tour, they got told about a bell tower that has now been all closed up after an inmate hung himself in there. There is no longer any access to it. At the same time that Alicia took a photo, her partner Caleb, took a photo as well. (I don't have that one)

In Caleb's photo, there is just a window. In Alicia's photo there is a man's face in the window. My wife and I picked it before even seeing the photo that Alicia sent with a ring where she saw the face. Exact same spot.

Quite eerie really. The untouched photo is below. Can you see a face it it?

Resized_20210515_211203.jpeg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ghost of Ned Kelly. Having lived in Melbourne and driven out to the Grampian many times, shame I didn’t know this was there. Next visit maybe…….whenever.

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

Be interesting to see both photos.

Ive only ever one moment that I didn’t like and couldn’t explain but still gives me the willies when I think about it. In a house we rented in North Wales 21 years ago.

Yes Eerie 😱

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Alicia got home today. I will get another photo that she has which quite clearly shows two faces. I'll have to get Caleb's photo as well. He was right beside her when he took his.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Here's another photo that Alicia took just before the first one that I posted. The photo above is the one that has two faces in it. The second is much harder to see than the first face.

One of the things that spooked both her and Caleb and the the tour guide had never seen before, was lights going on and off in another building that they could see through a window of the building they were in. The thing with that is that there is no electricity hooked up to the building. Hasn't been for years.

Resized_20210515_211145.jpeg

• Gold FFM

And they were the questions that I asked Caleb. Was it setup? People with lamps etc. The tour guide apparently was honestly shocked and said they had never seen that before. The lights were moving from floor to floor and room to room.

The tour guide said that they didn't even have enough people to do what they could see happening.

The only part of the asylum that still has power is the front foyer where the tours start and finish. The lighting for the tours is four of the people on the tour are given a lamp that they carry. The rest of the electrics in the place are so old that they were all decommissioned due to the fire risk. They can't upgrade anything because as soon as they alter anything, they have to change everything to bring it up to code. Cost a small fortune.