Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dual oil catch can setup - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dual oil catch can setup

Does anyone know if the attachment below is the correct setup for the dual oil catch can system for V6s?

I am thinking to get the Radium Evora dual oil catch can kit with a little bit of mod with the bracket to fit the V6s.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Dual-Catch-Can-Kit-Lotus-Evora-P259.aspx

Any thoughts/insights would be appreciated.

Cheers

Keith

AOS2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2021 at 04:31, Davey D said:

Is the catch cab on the cup R a dual setup?

I thought it just had a single catch can that fits the left bank that feeds in just before the throttle body

Arun_D is correct, Cup R has one catch tank only but it collects oils from both breather pipes. 

The reason why I didn't go for the Mocal was because it's the breather type catch can, it will smell really bad (Ok for race car) and you might get oil dripping from the breather cap area. 

Anyway I have got mine fitted and it working perfectly, here are some pictures:

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

AOS2.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 21/01/2022 at 06:10, Mattmahope said:

Hi @keith84_hk, how are you finding this catch can set up? Working well or any issues? Thanks

@Mattmahope Yup they have been working well, I now relocated them under the coolant reservoir with a custom bracket, cutting out from a 2mm carbon fibre sheet so I can put back the engine cover and looks OEM. It picked up around 50ml of oils from the bank 2 (The tail lights side) since my install back in June (6 months) while the bank 1 still pretty clean and barely any oil picked up in the catch can.

IMG_8828.thumb.jpg.48ee9799c3737d36591f7a8b126521c4.jpg

IMG_8068.thumb.jpg.f59a4312cfff51cc7bebda96020e8c37.jpg

IMG_8827.thumb.jpg.abd3b4e8bf342ad62007fedc501ec86c.jpg

Edited by keith84_hk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...