Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Audi R8 - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Audi R8

Dan

This happened just a few miles away from us :

http://www.oberberg-aktuell.de/show-articl...thov=0711111033

Sorry article in German, but the driver, 27 did not survive, leaving two children and wife behind.

A show room in Luxembourg, and the R8 was not the only tasty one...

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened just a few miles away from us :

http://www.oberberg-aktuell.de/show-articl...thov=0711111033

Sorry article in German, but the driver, 27 did not survive, leaving two children and wife behind.

using Babelfish it reads:

pictures: Michael smallyoung -- complete destroyed came the AUDI R8 on the guard rail to a halt.

According to police data the young man from Gummersbach was probably at the end of the west tangent on the motorway feeder with an AUDI R8 and not adapted speed on the way. [ by the strong lateral impact the driver did not have a chance of survival.

Also aquaplaning is assumed by the strong rainfalls as trip of the accident. The car got anyhow behind a long right curve first left off the roadway and touchierte there the central guard rail. The driver lost obviously completely control of his 420 HP-STRONG vehicle, came back on the roadway, broke through approximately 150 meters further, directly before the Volmerhauser bridge, at the right roadside the guard rail and pushed against a percussion guard. From there it hurled laterally with the driver's side against a there strassenschild and finally landed on the guard rail. The not buckled, gotten jammed driver had to be cut out by the fire-brigade from his car, however still succumbed at the accident place to his heavy injuries.

Edited by Alex --GT3--

No pedigree????? Auto Union begat Audi, and Auto Union is a legendary racing name.

And... they have been pretty much the team to beat (works and private) in Lemans and ALMS for a decade now... (just bring the Auto Union race pedigree to full term)

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

I dont like R8 its not exotic supercar like lambo/ferrari.The shape is anonymous to me :sleeping:

Compared to a true exotic it's as dull as a dull thing from planet dull.

So very like the unfortunate Honda NSX in many ways. Fast; but so what? Still, that guarantees ferocious depreciation if you're fancying one!

But the NSX changed the supercar. It showed that a supercar could be easy to drive and maintain with no real vices unlike its competition when it came outduch as the Ferrari 348. We owe the excellent manners of hre 360 and 430.

Whether the R8 will move the supercar industry further in that direction or makes any impact on it at all remains to be seen.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Watched one take off from a set of lights. Looked good and the sound was one of the best. Reckon I know now what Hilly's sounds like in real life too.

After that I went and had a closer inspection of one at the dealer's. I was more than impressed.

DanR

Have to say I do like Audi's response to the self-parking Lexus.

Makes a very valid point I think. It always worries me when I see a high-performance car with parking sensors. If a driver can't park properly, how can they drive safely at 150 mph?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Atle - the original criticism was not that Audi couldn't make an ordinary car, but that they were making their flagship car too ordinary. The R8 looks like a body-kitted TT, and is only distanced by gimmicky styling touches such as the L-shaped LED lights and the contrasting side-stripes - which themselves look decidedly after-market. I think they've crippled a decent and capable piece of engineering by totally screwing up the styling. How long do you think it will be before I can walk into Halfords and buy a set of 'Audi headlamps' for a Clio, a Focus, or even a TT for that matter? Audi appear to have made an unsensational supercar, which in my book is an oxymoron and a difficult one to market as such, particularly given the number of powerful, anonymous-looking large-engined german coupes and saloons that already have this 'sensible engineers car' end of the market cornered. I just couldn't understand who the target buyer would be; somebody who is interested enough in a performance car to want the packaging/performance of a MR with a large V engine, but who wants it to be firmly associated with capable saloon cars and visually understated to the point of anonymity...

Think of it not so much as "Have a go at Audi week", but rather the "Campaign for the Alleviation of Blandness" :devil:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Hi guys,

Yeah, the subtle and diplomatic hint in a comment above indicated that my post may have had some slight deficiencies in logic. Or infact, may even have been totally void of human intelligence.

I guess it fitted better earlier in the thread.

Anyway, allow me to re-write, please disregard earlier message.

I saw the R8 close-up at a big car-show this winter, and I thought it looked good. Perfomance looks good on paper but I guess you have to drive it to tell. Maybe the car is too short, and yes lacks detailing and stance to lift it in the Ferrari-Lambo class but I think it

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

what do you guys think of this car?

http://www.ppidesign.com/

click on events -> essen 2007 and check out the R8 Razor.

This is my best friends company and he makes QUALITY products. The entire body kit was wind tunnel tested and retails for just under $20k. I'm just looking for some unbiased opinions before i put a deposit on an R8 and have him build me one of his razors.