Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dolomiti precision Lotus gear shifter - 2004 > S2/S3 Toyota Elise/Exige / Evora? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dolomiti precision Lotus gear shifter - 2004 > S2/S3 Toyota Elise/Exige / Evora?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I saw a review today, it looks like for Elise the lever is a bit off the vertical towards the passenger side. I wonder if a different angle will work for Evora? I've not pulled my interior apart to see what angle the OEM shifter sits at!

Pay attention to that review, the image on the video are with an INCORRECT setup.

With a correct setup the lever in Neutral in only a bit on the Right.

NB: the shifter is designed to have the same angular movement both on the left in reverse and on the right in 5/6th gears, so it obviously remains a bit on the right in neutral/3rd/4th gears.

Manuel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi @manuel.400. Do you have any photos of the shifter installed under the OEM gear lever/parking brake cover ? Also, can I fit the original gear knob from my MY11 Elise S3 to your shifter?

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Thanks @manuel.400. Understood.

I'm now saving up for one of your shifters!

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

the 2023 shifters are SOLD OUT.

From October 2023 to December 2023 it will be possible to preorder your 2024 Dolomiti Shifter.

During the preorder period you can buy @ 2023 price list (400€ downpayment required).

From January 2024 the price list will increase +5%.

Thank you, Manuel

PS: for any question, feel free to contact me at info@dolomitishifter.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

When will your website order page be up for taking pre orders Manuel? At the time of writing the order page is down for maintenance.

• Gold FFM

Shifter preordered for my early Elise S3. :happydance:

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys,

thanks to @Seb the Evora project is on going 😊

I think it will take some time, but I expect the result will be very good.

Opposite to the Elise/Exige version that is fully plug&play, the Evora kit will need customers to cut a bit the internal side of the stock shifter cover (on the left side cover)

I post here some draft where the front part si completed, still working on the rear frame.

If someone could be interested in, please write to info@dolomitishifter.com

Starting Price will be about 1300€ (+ eventually adds-on and shipping)

Preorders will be open on the webshop from January 2024, estimated delivery May/June 2024

image.png.ebbb7097e0941039b28a30782f3c40a7.png

image.png.f94439a0667b787a54a455a7448f8825.png

Great work Manuel. More superb engineering.

" Evora kit will need customers to cut a bit the internal side of the stock shifter cover (on the left side cover) ..."

Assume that same applies to RHD cars?

So this would be for all Evoras up to 2017?

I'm working on a LHD car.

On the Lotus parts diagram I don't find specifitation to LHD or RHD shifter, also the base has an unique code, so I assume that it should works both the drive sides.

But I think that I'll ask some quote to the 1st guy who will be interested for an RHD car, just to be sure.

A fantastic piece of engineering. Well done!

• Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!