Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DA polisher recommendations - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

DA polisher recommendations

• Gold FFM

Ok so just got my starter kit and looking for some advice on a DA polisher to give a good look and buff of the wax.

Not looking to spend a fortune, just giving a decent result 

TIA!

Rob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Did someone say there are no stupid question🤪.

these are the best low cost  DA polishers.  https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-v2-dual-action-polisher

you will only get a marginal benefit using a DA to buff up wax.

A DA is best for preparing the paint work.  Removing marring etc.  

if you do want a DA to buff wax up here my recommended method.

apply the wax with the hand foam applicator supplied in the kit.

using a good quality micro fibre cloth placed on the car the  put your machine and pad down on top.  Start the machine at medium  speed.  Then buff the panel.  Turn the cloth from time to time making sure the cloth surface does not build up with excess wax.  This is better than using a micro fibre pad.

any questions let me know

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM

Thanks for that Greg! What would you recommend then instead of a DA polisher with the beading marvellous wax? A lovely microfibre cloth and elbow grease? Happy to be guided here. Paintwork is brand new so doesn’t need work 

Yes a good micro fibre is all you need. https://www.valetpro.global/Additional-Products/Cloths-and-Towels/151-/Ultra-Soft-Buffing-Towel

There are ways to improve the finish of the wax but most of that work is done in the preparation.

wash - tar and glue remover - wash again - clay bar (this removes bonded  contamination from the paint surface so it can reflect all light without interference) - you can then apply a light hand polish or paint prep cream like  https://www.valetpro.global/Exterior-Products/Paint-Preparation/80-/Purple-Passion

this is about all you can do apart from polish with a DA before waxing. Any one process listed above or all combined will make a differences to the durability and finish you get from your wax.

This is just a brief summery so if you want more info please let me know .

• Thanks 1

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Greg | ValetPro, I tried to purchase some purple passion, buffing cloth and polish applicator plus clay bar but your website won’t process this. 
Going from stage 4 confirm to “Continue with purchase” (agreeing to ts & cs) the next page is pretty blank with a “skip to main content” link only and doesn’t look like the page is generated correctly 

• Like 1

Hello Rob

Thank you for letting me know of the issue with the website.  

If you still would like to order these products we can get this sorted for you.  I will send you a private message now to get some details and then someone from the office will call you for card payment ifs thats OK.

private message on its way.

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg