Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New 1976 Lotus Eclat Owner! - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New 1976 Lotus Eclat Owner!

Hello Everyone!

I just acquired a 76 Lotus Eclat here in Southern California, from a closed body shop.
I have few questions as it is in need of restoration and most of the parts are not available in US.
the car was stripped of most items before a paint job, as that was the way i found it, it is missing the side mirrors, the passenger rear window , front and back bumpers, tail lights and side lights.
I started restoring the fuel tank and found the level sender Smiths tbs1214/013 is broken and i don't see a replacement here in US, do you think the 014 jaguar xjs version would work?

Thank you in advance i am in love with this car and it only has 9000 miles.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to TLF!

Im sure one of the adjudicators will give you a more 'offical' welcome. If you need any info on your Eclat you have come to the right place. I have had my own 1976 Eclat for over 30 years. I still love her now as much as I ever did.

If your renovating yours -- dont forget we love lots of photos!

I have accumulated lots of Eclat bits over the years. I have a spare front and rear bumper with tail light etc There are complete but would need a bit of work to get them to a decent standard. If you cannot get fixed up over there and your interested I can supply some photos etc if your interested. Welcome again. Regards. lez

• Love 1

Hi and welcome. Have you been in touch with https://www.rdent.com/ they say on their site that they have Elite and Eclat parts?

If not, SJ Sportscars in the UK will ship to the US. We also have LotusBits in the UK but they don't do email so need to be called up. They may send overseas.

Good luck in your search for parts.

:) 

• Love 1

It's getting there......

Hey Oz and welcome to the Lotus Forum and good to see another US Lotus guy.

Lived in San Diego, just south of La Jolla, for a few years so love your constant sunny, warm, dry, summer weather.

What you need is the doc (on here somewhere) that shows all of the inter-changeable parts and what actually was used, many times, when these cars were new. 

atb,

Richard

• Love 1

• 6 months later...