Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs and N.Essex owners - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs and N.Essex owners

simonf

thus the great Guru has spoken, meet at week ends ! cracking idea you want meet up with NMEG in Feb then?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekends be very hard for me, due to my extra curriculum activity (which consists of playing poker, playing poker and....erm....playing poker) Would be ok during the day tho.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That's the idea! It's not really ideal to head out to a nightclub on Sat night in your cars, you meet up during the day and do something interesting and fun involving a nice hoon there and back!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That's the idea! It's not really ideal to head out to a nightclub on Sat night in your cars, you meet up during the day and do something interesting and fun involving a nice hoon there and back!

And at this time of year, excluding today's weather, it's a fair chance of a warm day with some dry spells. that means a costal run could be in order. That can be good even through to the worst parts of the winter.

There's no reason it couldn't be something like a trip to the Essex coast, a few of us meet in Norfolk, then meet up with other groups on the way.

Andy

Why do the words 'up' and 'brewery' keep popping into my head? :band::)

Owen, I really don't think Southend's on anyone's radar at the moment. The rolling meet idea was only ever based on three counties i.e. Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambs. And even then, it would surely depend on us getting sufficient ongoing support for/from each county to warrant their continued inclusion. After all there'd be little point in us all regularly trooping over to, say, Cambridge, if nobody from that area ever joined us.

Could I make a suggestion? Rather than keep going round and round in circles on here why don't we discuss this at our next meeting? Everyone present will then have the opportunity to have their say and, hopefully, we can then form some sort of consensus and/or take a vote.

In the meantime, anyone else care to consider joining us? Believe it or not, we're all very nice and don't actually spend our entire time arguing :)

Why do the words 'up' and 'brewery' keep popping into my head? :band::)

Owen, I really don't think Southend's on anyone's radar at the moment.

Hi,

Yeah, I was perhaps being extreme with southend. :)

We should perhaps discuss the meet situation at the next meet, also the location we will hold the Norfolk meetings in future, as the Bird in Hand is perhaps a bit small and lacking free tables.

I'm easy with most of the proposals put forward, if I can make the meets then I will. :) I think we can say this thread and the other Norfolk one are getting the exposure they need to generate more attendants at he next meet.

It's these shy Norfolk ones we need to get out, I know of two Esprits I've seen around the area who could attend, but I haven't seen them on the forum.

Owen.

Lets not lose the idea of having these meetings.

They are not meant to be a continuation of the working day but a monthly opportunity to break the routine.

If you can't get away once a month for an evening meeting then surely you need to reconsider your employment (or you have a vastly different ethos to life than I)?

I work to live, not live to work!!

You could leave off work in Norwich at 6.00pm and be south of Colchester by 7.30pm and all we were advocating was going as far as the Suffolk/Essex border area.

I much prefer the idea of a pub since it is more likely to serve decent beer and food.

I also think it's nice to go somewhere where others can see and appreciate the cars.

I can't remember the number of times that we've been at The Cornwallis with the L7C and a member of the general public has come up and started asking about the cars, which swiftly leads to a ride into the countryside and in at least two cases this has subsequently lead to them joining the club and getting a 7 of their own.

I don't fancy the idea of having what would be, ineffect, a closed meeting at Tibbenham Airfield.

As for worrying about exceeding your current insurance limit .. why did you buy the car .. to look at it in the garage or to drive it.

Surely, a requirement to increase your annnual mileage allowance is a good thing ??

Personally I didn't have a problem with the Bird in Hand, nice and cosy, hardly overcrowded and there was more than enough room in the car park. However, I think it would be nice and fair to venture round the area to see different places and give each area an opportunity for something a little closer to their doorstep. By keeping it in the close vicinity of Norwich it will become the Norwich Esprit Group with occassional visitors from outside.

Naturally there will be occassions when some people can't travel the required distance for that particular month's meeting but that is life and to be expected.

As for the weekends ... I much prefer the idea of having the monthly meet on a weekday evening - I've never been in a club that has it's meetings at the weekend ??

If the weathers good then we can go for a blat, if it isn't then we sit around gassing, tyre kicking and arranging various activities.

The weekend is then for events, rather than meetings.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Hehe. Decision made then. 1 venue in Norfolk, 1 in Suffolk and 1 in Cambs....as long as we have members in those area's, like James says, no point in going to Cambs if no one from that area goes!

I still prefer an evening during the week (Tuesdays good for me) and we can always arrange extra hoons and weekend visits (like a trip over to NMEG).

:band: suppose I gotta go get ready for work! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Lets not lose the idea of having these meetings.

They are not meant to be a continuation of the working day but a monthly opportunity to break the routine.

If you can't get away once a month for an evening meeting then surely you need to reconsider your employment (or you have a vastly different ethos to life than I)?

I work to live, not live to work!!

You could leave off work in Norwich at 6.00pm and be south of Colchester by 7.30pm and all we were advocating was going as far as the Suffolk/Essex border area.

I much prefer the idea of a pub since it is more likely to serve decent beer and food.

I also think it's nice to go somewhere where others can see and appreciate the cars.

I can't remember the number of times that we've been at The Cornwallis with the L7C and a member of the general public has come up and started asking about the cars, which swiftly leads to a ride into the countryside and in at least two cases this has subsequently lead to them joining the club and getting a 7 of their own.

I don't fancy the idea of having what would be, ineffect, a closed meeting at Tibbenham Airfield.

As for worrying about exceeding your current insurance limit .. why did you buy the car .. to look at it in the garage or to drive it.

Surely, a requirement to increase your annnual mileage allowance is a good thing ??

Personally I didn't have a problem with the Bird in Hand, nice and cosy, hardly overcrowded and there was more than enough room in the car park. However, I think it would be nice and fair to venture round the area to see different places and give each area an opportunity for something a little closer to their doorstep. By keeping it in the close vicinity of Norwich it will become the Norwich Esprit Group with occassional visitors from outside.

Naturally there will be occassions when some people can't travel the required distance for that particular month's meeting but that is life and to be expected.

As for the weekends ... I much prefer the idea of having the monthly meet on a weekday evening - I've never been in a club that has it's meetings at the weekend ??

If the weathers good then we can go for a blat, if it isn't then we sit around gassing, tyre kicking and arranging various activities.

The weekend is then for events, rather than meetings.

Hi,

Perhaps I misinterupted what bit of 'Anglia' we were concerned with, I thought it would be good to include every county in the region, that is why I suggested somewhere like Bury, It's the most central place for all the counties, plus we would attract more members. As has been mentioned NMEG doesn't just limit themselves to the North Midlands, but take in surrounding areas.

As for work I don't do overtime ever, haven't done for the last seven years. I would though like to get home first, get out of my working clothes and into something casual, change my car if I'm not using the Esprit that day and say hi to the wife briefly before shooting out again!

I know everyones insurance varies with these cars, age of insurer and the car, but I'm already at

Hi,

Not against the idea of a rolling venue, just the time travelling that bothers me.

Owen your car must be some Lotus - Delorean hybrid if you can time travel!!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

In the meantime, anyone else care to consider joining us? Believe it or not, we're all very nice and don't actually spend our entire time arguing :)

Speek for yourself James - I am NASTY!! :band:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hehe. Decision made then. 1 venue in Norfolk, 1 in Suffolk and 1 in Cambs....as long as we have members in those area's, like James says, no point in going to Cambs if no one from that area goes!

I live in Cambridge and would love to join in. Although standing around looking at the cars is brill can we please go out for a hoon first? If there's one thing better than driving my my esprit it's doing so in a convoy! Perhaps we could meet somewhere then drive together to the venue?

Brendan

I live in Cambridge and would love to join in. Although standing around looking at the cars is brill can we please go out for a hoon first? If there's one thing better than driving my my esprit it's doing so in a convoy! Perhaps we could meet somewhere then drive together to the venue?

Brendan

Hi Brendan, thanks for getting in touch and showing your interest in joining our convoy! Do you know any other drivers from your area that may also be interested?

Anybody else out there? :band:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi Brendan, thanks for getting in touch and showing your interest in joining our convoy! Do you know any other drivers from your area that may also be interested?

Anybody else out there? :band:

I'm still watching :)

Dave.

Don't know of anyone else locally but the Cambridgeshire area of Club Lotus group have some Esprit members. Not sure why they're not very active on this forum. Fred Bassett is not too far away. Would he be interested?

Brendan

There's Ben (lemoncurd) at Stansteady area.

There's Ben (lemoncurd) at Stansteady area.

There you go then - I'm in Stortford.

So that'll be a NMY convoy of 2 different Lotus models :band:

Dave.

From what i can gather these are guys/gals on the forum in the local area.

Red vtec (i believe you have regestered your interest - good lad!)

Esprit22

Series

Bazza907

BC007 (you have made contacy - well done)

ElTel

Charlie c

Bramble111s

If you are watching guys and think you might at some time join our jolly convoy - get in touch. :band:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

Venue details then? Bird in Hand at Wreningham for the moment for the Norfolk venue, what about the other two? Can any of the Cambridge and Suffolk people recommend a good meeting place? Doesn't have to be a pub, but some sort of food and drink establishment.

Is the general opinion still for the second Tuesday of the month?

Owen.

Hi,

Venue details then? Bird in Hand at Wreningham for the moment for the Norfolk venue, what about the other two? Can any of the Cambridge and Suffolk people recommend a good meeting place? Doesn't have to be a pub, but some sort of food and drink establishment.

Owen.

Location isn't an issue for me, but I would say move it one week earlier to remove the potential of having it the night before the SELOC.

Thay way the first Tuesday (somewhere between the 1st and the 7th, with SELOC being 15th to 22nd).

I was contemplating the Essex Lotus @ Yahoo meet as I have 2 days off this week, but I don't fancy 200 miles in wet weather , half of it in the dark.

Andy

Hi,

Owen.

Earlier in the thread I recommended the Bedford Lodge Hotel at Newmarket. A nice setting with plenty of parking. Not too far from the A14. It has an outside terrace where you can sit, drink and nibble whilst admiring the cars.

Brendan

Listen Guys, AEG meeting aside its bank holiday weekend this weekend (and i can't spend three days alone with my wife :)) so is anybody up for a thrash along say the coastal road?

Either saturday or sunday coz she is going to want me to do some DIY on monday i bet!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simon,

You're welcome to come and play with the NMEG boys on the Sunday

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Listen Guys, AEG meeting aside its bank holiday weekend this weekend (and i can't spend three days alone with my wife :)) so is anybody up for a thrash along say the coastal road?

Either saturday or sunday coz she is going to want me to do some DIY on monday i bet!

I'll let you know after the MOT test on Wednesday.

Andy