Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Blanking exhaust valve - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Blanking exhaust valve

Hi all,

I really want to disconnect the hose that operates the exhaust valve on Cup 430 but I’m unsure how to do it correctly so any advice would be greatly appreciated please. 

The valve usually opens at 4000rpm but I was told that it was possible to disconnect a hose from the engine/supercharger to allow the valve to stay open all of the time. 

I’m excited about the prospect of enjoying that amazing noise all if the time.

Cheers Mitch 

Simplify, then add lightness

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Read through this tread:

Some people just pop out the pipe and blank off both ends. Some people pinch it so it completely blocks passage and some people install valves.
However in my opinion, the first thing you want to try is installing the "OEM" switch.

OEM switch might not work. We were just talking about it few days ago in the "Regret buying FE" topic. Outcome was that for sure its possible for models before MY2019/20. It works on some FE (2021) cars and not possible to unlock it on some cars... even after the CPU flashing. I guess you already know about the RC flap kit, which allows to open or close flaps whenever you want, independent on driving mode and RPM 🙂

12 minutes ago, Toqcars said:

OEM switch might not work. We were just talking about it few days ago in the "Regret buying FE" topic. Outcome was that for sure its possible for models before MY2019/20. It works on some FE (2021) cars and not possible to unlock it on some cars... even after the CPU flashing. I guess you already know about the RC flap kit, which allows to open or close flaps whenever you want, independent on driving mode and RPM 🙂

Thanks for the reply mate 🙂 Mines a 2018 so should be okay hopefully. I quite liked the exhaust valve at first especially when travelling a couple of hours on the motorway to car shows/meets but now I’ve had the car for a few months I feel like I’m only getting half of the full experience and I’ve been thinking about bypassing the valve for a while. When I took the car out last weekend I thought it’s definitely time. I did think previously that I might get the switchable control but that’s something I’d have to get booked in to be done along with its annual service in April so I wanted to try this first and see how I liked it. Plus it’s a quick DIY job (if you know what you’re doing) 😂😂
 My issue is I don’t really know what to do to bypass the valve. I think it might be as simple as disconnecting a hose and bunging the hole but I don’t want to disconnect the wrong one….. 🙈

I’ll take and post a photo of the hoses later if you wouldn’t mind pointing out which one it is please? 

Thanks a lot 😁

Simplify, then add lightness

Fitting the button for the exhaust is a 15min job, if you can wield a screwdriver then you'll be fine!

If anyone is unsure if their car is compatible then you can simple remove the steering column cover, have the car started, locate the exhaust flap plug and touch the two pins together with a screwdriver or something conductive to simulate a button press.

I tested mine before ordering the button.

• Like 1