Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Free detailing kit for gold members? - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Free detailing kit for gold members?

I signed up for my gold forum membership a little over 7 weeks ago, but I’ve seen and heard nothing about the free detailing kit. Does anyone know if these normally take a while to come through?

I used the “contact us” form on the site to ask the admin team about it a week ago, but received no response. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure the CEO, @Bibs, will be along shortly to sort this out. You've been here for 11 years so should know this is a pukka site! 

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hello ..  I'm   

- wait a minute  ...   "Newbie -?"

OK, why not - so I'm officially free from all sins in past ?? 😆

Does the detailing kit come declared as a gift - or how does it work now for German members, with Brexit and tax rates on packages send from UK?

Second point to mention - the forum membership upgrades gives the option to get GOLD-with CoP from Lotus, CoP signed by an CEO who is not longer in charge .. humm 😉.

Anyway, I guess that means "for one car" .. right.

What would I need to do for the other Lotus-car with VIN, parked up there in the shed.. contact an German dealership and pay the additional dealer fees?

Stephan quit his dealer contract, as most German owners will know.

*sidenote @Bibs

As I will probabbly never travel to UK anymore, and will not even be allowed to get a job without vaxination over here in Germany - means the remained GBP I have is not longer of use for me, my idea was therefore to send GBP in cash to you, Bibs.

PayPall adds fees for money exchange. so that is not prefered.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

As it is "free" the invoice value would be £0, or €0 and therefore what ever the VAT/Duty was (25%) would be €0 * 25% = €0.

Re the CoP - you get it through TLF (charge per car or 1 free with Gold) OR through your local Lotus Dealer.

Welcome to the fold and happy Lotus smiles to you. 

PS: Covid allowing, me and my better half are in Berlin for 5 days in June for a couple of rock concerts. I could always smuggle it in for you. To add extra drama we could meet in the coffee shop opposite Checkpoint Charlie, Einstein Kaffee. I'll be wearing a trilby hat, a grey raincoat and the detailing kit will be disguised in a brown leather briefcase!  My call sign will be Broadsword, you can be "Danny Boy".  So enter the coffee shop and whisper Broadsword, and I'll call Danny Boy.  A gold star to whoever gets the film reference there (which has nothing to do with Berlin by the way as a location).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

PS: Covid allowing, me and my better half are in Berlin for 5 days in June for a couple of rock concerts. I could always smuggle it in for you. To add extra drama we could meet in the coffee shop opposite Checkpoint Charlie, Einstein Kaffee. I'll be wearing a trilby hat, a grey raincoat and the detailing kit will be disguised in a brown leather briefcase!  My call sign will be Broadsword, you can be "Danny Boy".  So enter the coffee shop and whisper Broadsword, and I'll call Danny Boy.  A gold star to whoever gets the film reference there (which has nothing to do with Berlin by the way as a location).

I'm not so much into pubs - we could arrange something here 52°24'48.4"N 13°05'24.5"E   .. maybee you get the (multiple) movie refernces 😉

53 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

A gold star to whoever gets the film reference there (which has nothing to do with Berlin by the way as a location).

I think you really ought to be meeting him in Zum Wilden Hirschen

3 minutes ago, Günter said:

I'm not so much into pubs - we could arrange something here 52°24'48.4"N 13°05'24.5"E   .. maybee you get the (multiple) movie refernces 😉

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Günter said:

Colin, that's an reference to post WW II .. so you are on the wrong path.

@ C8RKH  you refer to WW II, "where Eagles dare" was filmed in Austria .. not Brandenburg area

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Günter said:

Ah yes, Bridge of Spies being one of them, sehr gut!

The small print.

Hey @Günter, nice to hear from you, it's been a while :thumbup:

I'll shop the valet pack as a gift as it's free. I can't speak on behalf of the Germany tax authorities but I'd like to think that there will be no taxes to pay. 

The CoP letter was updated some time ago, it now comes from Matt Windle :) Yup, they are one per car. If you'd like another for the car in the shed, you can order one from our online shop, there's a form on there for all of the details required. I heard about Stephan, that's sad news for Lotus to lose him. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 year later...