Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Beginning of my Lotus Journey. - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Beginning of my Lotus Journey.

Ba55uma

Hi Bas

It looks great, you'll certainly get noticed in that. Be prepared for people wanting to talk to you about it.

Getting in and out is an acquired technique. The more you practice it the better you get at it.

The immobiliser is a timing thing. When you come to the locked car, unlock it and enter, put the key in and turn the ignition on, the immobiliser is off and the car will start. If you leave it too many seconds the immobiliser will kick in and the red ring comes on the dash and you have to press the button. But also, if you come to the car and it has been unlocked for a while that will also have timed in the immobiliser before you even put the key in the ignition.

• Like 1

Open the window when getting in and out in a tight space. Helps massively and may save your flora. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I have a Fiat 500 that shares driveway too but I have a company car in between so it does take a little organisation to get all parked up correctly (usually after my other half get home as she always parks incorrectly ) lol 

yes strange quirks Evora , sun visor is not , little rattles and leaks etc however you will acclimatise in short time and overlook these mostly ?    

main thing ENJOY 🏎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ba55uma said:

3. Awkward position of the controls, particularly the door mirror adjustment. 

4. Having to press the immobilizer button everytime to start the car. 

3. And how often do you think you will use it once you've set it right? (unless you have two different drivers regularly swapping about)

4. As said before, timing issue. Unlock the car put the key in, turn ignition on, no need for the immoby button to be pressed. 

Great looking Evora, congrats. I'm sure once you drive it in anger the other stuff will meld away into insignificance.

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks all. I mastered the skill of getting in and out in general. However it was in tight spaces e.g. my drive😂. There is no chance on the passenger side due to close proximity of the neighboours fence. The drivers side I had to move the beemer a bit forward for the Evora door to open wide. Sorry Fiat Panda, you can stay on the street 😂. I will have to rethink the parking arrangements on the drive.  It's a game of Tetris with cars 

Screenshot_20211209-102807.thumb.jpg.2203da79f6a1b2010713b511e0262c27.jpg

Edited by Ba55uma

I relandscaped the front garden then a few years ago my oldest son came back after his relationship ended so I have to juggle 4 cars 

I still managed to keep my old palm tree to give the front of house some aspect otherwise it’s car park ! 🏎

just need to make all the other car bang their doors when in use but the Evora retains its space lol