Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What's under here. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What's under here.

Go to solution Solved by Hangar 111,

Been looking at a couple of videos about the boot release, because yesterday my Evora was dead, the lithium battery had turned itself off. Phoned SWLC for advice, and had a look at the handbook when I could find it in the car. (Battery reset and car back to life. )

In the videos they showed taking the rear seats enough to get at the release but I noticed this .. Was wondering if anyone has taken this panel off  to see what is beneath.??

image.thumb.png.e118441c8ab7f7c824ba73eeebf226c5.png

OK cheers, was wondering if there was access to the main power cables. I suppose the main power cables run down the passenger side rather than the middle.

The lithium battery had been on charge since I last used the car, but the battery monitor had turned itself off, hence some investigation.

• Solution

Main harness does come down the centre console, but splits out to each side, maybe under the front seats (never delved into it).

Only the fuel pump wiring goes through that access hatch - which you can't get the pump out of, just get to the connections, tank has to come out to get pump out.

Sounds like a bit unusual behaviour on your battery manager there.

Dave

Dave, Does the main harness come down the centre on the S1?

I thought it came from battery compartment to inner left rear fuse box and then down the cill to the front left wheel arch area and then back in (across the bulkhead under the dash on a lhd) and down to the main fuse box on the pax side?

41 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Sounds like a bit unusual behaviour on your battery manager there.

SWLC have experienced the occasional odd behaviour on a couple of cars. The charger seemed to working ok, with it switching between its modes. But I think the boot may not have been firmly closed, as when I went out to the garage to go to Wickes, the remote did not appear to open the tailgate, there being no flashes  from the sidelights, but it was slightly open. If I have this problem again I'll switch to an ordinary battery. 

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

I thought it came from battery compartment to inner left rear fuse box and then down the cill to the front left wheel arch area and then back in (across the bulkhead under the dash on a lhd) and down to the main fuse box on the pax side?

Well the diagram suggests it does, but the words suggest otherwise.  Generally best to keep wiring inside, in the dry, and away from critters.

1 hour ago, 21gg said:

Ive changed the fuel pump on mine and it fitted through that hole/hatch perfectly?

I've never had to try, fortunately.  Book says otherwise, but book isn't always right.

I question why I bother to try to help, sometimes...

Dave

• Like 2

I've been going through the parts diagrams and Evora manual and there is a binding post that may be accessible by taking the left rear wheel and arch liner off.....might have a look into this if the battery goes off again and I can't open the tailgate.

image.thumb.png.2c0eaf21612d321fb4d4f40b3b305ba5.png

Yep that would work, but isn't it more aggro than unlocking on the key and pulling the emergency cord?

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

So main harness is down the middle, and I didn't scroll down the next section where it shows the battery cables separately (as seen in Keiths post).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Yep that would work, but isn't it more aggro than unlocking on the key and pulling the emergency cord?

Yes, but I have seen threads on this and 'another' lotus forum where the cord thing does not work. So it is just a bit of research that I may find useful.