Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front Camber Adjustable Upper Wishbones Orientation - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front Camber Adjustable Upper Wishbones Orientation

Go to solution Solved by Chillidoggy,

Working on a complete overhaul / upgrading of the suspension on my 1990 SE.

One of the upgrades is the fitting of Camber adjustable front upper wishbones, but I can not figure out the orientation.

Front upper wishbomes.jpg

So the big question is which one is mounted forward / aftward ?

Esprit Freak

• Solution

From the Lotus Service Notes -

"The front and rear halves of the top wishbone differ at the ball joint outboard fixing point: the rear arm has a welded (slotted) boss for the fixing bolt, whereas the front arm has a plain slot and uses a loose spacer under the bolt head."

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Thx Ian for the info. (looks like the pictures on the SJ website are swapped)

80816462_Frontupperwishbomes3.thumb.jpg.2584123228dcb018e9ffc4535a20974b.jpg

The left one (same in top picture) is the one with the welded boss so is the rear one

Due to the shape (dead corners) the electro galvanizing was not a complete success so POR 15 to the rescue. (I could have done a neater job).

Esprit Freak