Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Helmet - Track & Road events - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Helmet - Track & Road events

lotus_exig3

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping I could get some of your experience and perspective on helmets.

Looking to get a new helmet for track days and road events. I can see there's a number of different brands and the large pricing range from a few hundred up to a few thousand.

Could you please share what you own, used and recommend?

* Do all helmets have a shelf life?

* I can see there's different Snell SA2020 & FIA 8859-2015 certifications, it important to have both of them?

* Carbon fiber helmets, do they make a difference in weight? Is it work the money?

* Bell & Stilo, is one brand better then another? 

* Is good to have support for Microphone, drink system etc?

I see some of you have nice custom colours, was that ordered like that or was a spray job at home?

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,

JT

£5 head? £5 helmet.

Paint is purely vanity, nothing more :)

I have an Arai GP6, I tried other brands, but Arai seem to suit my head shape more. You need to try the different brands really.

I had mine painted by ImageDesignCustom in Isotope Green to match my Cup250FE, with CocoPops monkey applied to the rear, based on my old design.

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

I’ve tried and had several makes over the years. I’m another advocate for Arai that seem the best fit for me anyway.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!