Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Android Car play adaptor ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Android Car play adaptor ?

I have just found( bit slow on the uptake on new tech) There are adapters for Android and Apple car play, and rather than replace the original ALPINE INE-W990BT head unit on my 400. Has anyone done this? pros and cons.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Graeme,

If you go FM to DAB Splitter post, I posted up the Lotus part numbers for the adapter cables, we originally had used the Ariel booster unit which is now redundant. Cost of cables last summer was £125 but was really worth the investment I’m pleased we acted on what the factory engineers said to us.

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Hi Darryl,

Just confirming this will make Android car play available on the ALPINE INE-W990BT head unit

Can you please post a link to the Part numbers for the adapter cables.

@au-yt

The parts list from Lotus ASO is:

36 Harness, alpine radio* C132M0326F 1
37 Cable, antenna input* 20 MY A132M6244F 1
38 Cable, FM output* 20 MY A132M6245F 1
39 Cable, DAB output* 20 MY A132M6246F 1
40 Splitter DAB Antenna* 20 MY A132M6243F 1

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

OK I am now rather confused, and may be my question was a bit vague.

There are a number of car link units on the market that are USB connected however they are only Android compatible 4.4 not sure what the Alpine INE-W990BT is.

All I am wanting to do is connect my phone apps to be accessible on the head unit

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wirless-adapter-for-android-head-unit-support-carplay-and-android-auto

Or replace the head unit, but I would like to keep the EVORA 400 display on start up.

• Gold FFM

Have a look at this thread - despite the title there's a load of stuff on Alpine head unit swaps CarPlay and getting DAB working...... 

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Thank you for the link that has been discusses earlier in this thread

Australia and DAB is at this point city only and not widely used, FM still rules.

OK my main need is for Android Auto for apps, My initial idea with the thread was there were adapter for the alpine ine-w990bt unit, however it may not be at the Android 4 and above so the only way to achieve this is via a new head unit.