Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Tyres - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Tyres

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

For the road and light track use, the Yokohama V105 195/50 R16 84W fronts and 225/45 R17 90W rears marked MO as recommened by Lotus should do the job. I have just had a set of these fitted to my series 3 Elise R Touring to replace the fronts that were original 175 width R16 AD07 LTS2's from 2010 and 225 width AD07 LTS2 rears from 2014, and my word what a difference! Those old tyres were quite hard and the new ones are so much more compliant. In fact the V105s were used on the Lotus Driving Academy Elise Sport 220 cars last year when I did my bronze Lotus Licence track day at Hethel.

I am looking at getting a set of Revolution Wheels TC5 cast alloys for running semi slick tyres for track days. I have had the chassis rear brace kit LOTAC05377 fitted because Lotus recommend that "for cars used on closed circuits, this arrangement provides an increased
tolerance to abuse" - so a bit of a must for running semi slicks on a Toyota powered Elise. I understand that on later factory built cars using a brace kit, there was a similar crossbrace link, but without adjusters or subframe bracket.

I might fit Nankang NS-2R tyres (due to budget) as they are 50% road/50% track biased and the fact I'm only starting out on track days. Other track day tyre alternatives include the Yokohama Advan A052,  Nankang AR-1, Toyo R888R, Avon ZZR & Avon ZZS.  

Elsie.png

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

195 width tyres fit perfectly well on 5.5" width OE rims, so no new rims needed. Standard geo should be fine too unless you haven't had it checked for a while. Here is a photo of one of the front wheels on my Elise with the V105 fitted.

20220525_181055.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM

Full Yokohama V105 fit with standard geo recommended by Lotus on original rims.

20220522_090815.jpg

• Gold FFM

If you have these fitted @Shortfork then 195 width V105s will fit too, as the fronts are only 1/2 an inch wider than the front rims I have.

Rim.PNG

• Gold FFM

Yep, OEM "Elise SC" rims (6 inch wide front & 8 inch wide rears). 195/50 R16 fronts and 225/45 R17 will fit nicely on those. :thumbup:

• Like 1