Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GT3 won't idle properly with aircon on - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GT3 won't idle properly with aircon on

shaunw
Go to solution Solved by shaunw,

I've just posted in 'chat' about being a new Esprit owner and and the high possibility of having questions.....here is the first one, and its a weird one! 

The car won't idle correctly when the aircon is switched on. It idles very erratically and hold revs between gear changes. It idles anywhere between 1500 and 2500 rpm. If the engine is then switched off and the aircon is turned off, on restarting he engine it reverts to normal idle and the revs dip normally between gear changes. It's got me and the previous owner (who has been great trying to help me solve the issue) stumped. He has the software to check for fault codes but despite the engine management light  briefly lighting up a couple of times there were no fault codes logged when we checked.

A bit of a long shot but has anyone ever come across this? 

Shaun

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic