Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Heat/Vent ducts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Heat/Vent ducts

Hi All. I just pulled my dash out to have it reupholstered, and was quickly reminded what a crummy job I did in that area when I went through the car 15 years ago. None of the ducts were intact then so I guessed on the proper routing, but they look bad and don't function well. I couldn't figure out how to get a duct from the air box to the driver's side vent; every bit of ventilation is welcome in warmer weather, so that one would be especially useful. 

If anyone has a picture or drawing of the ductwork it would be much appreciated!

Scott Petersen 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Scott - I thought I had some photos from when I dismantled mine but the only one I can find looks remarkably like yours!  I do remember that on the driver's side the upper vent hose went through the hole in the top of the pedal box, and the passenger side lower one sits in the "recess" immediately below the glove box hinge.

Are you going to recommission the a/c as well?  I did a short thread about updating/modifying the Delanair unit a couple of years ago.

Pete

That helps a lot, Pete. Thanks!

I live in a mild climate, so A/C is not really necessary. In addition, if would decrease my range. A previous owner installed a sunroof which makes the cabin tolerable when the sun shines.

Scott

Scott's 1974 Lotus Elite (evalbum.com)