Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Press cars (Emira tests) - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Press cars (Emira tests)

Now that it has been a few weeks and we've all had time to see or read the varios tests I'm wondering if Lotus really got the press cars right. Mind you, I'm not talking about the test results, the Emira is obviously a great step forward, but was it, for example, right to give EVO a car with road tires for the track tests, others semi-slicks for the road.

Since Lotus is so evidently positioning the Emira as the other sportscar against the Porsche Cayman it seems reasonable to compare how the two manage these campaigns.

Generally Porsche will invite the press to a great location (Portimao comes to mind), bringing a stable of cars with them. Some configured for the road, some for track. Each test crew is then given their chance to drive a road car, make their videos, etc. They then return to the track and are given the keys to a track prepared car for part two of the test. All the time Porsche has the necessary engineers on site to make sure the test cars are immaculate and properly set up.

It may be a bit more expensive, but that is how you get the best test reports and videos!

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bumped into Catchpole on the Route Napoleon at a petrol station in the Emira press car (left hand 22 plate Launch Edition in Grey). Looked sensational. 

@TBDyou’ve voiced exactly what I was thinking. Given how important a review why not take control? Bizarre 

Now Harris has made a conflicting review.. looking forward to making up my own mind up when and if Lotus offer potential customers a test drive.

From Harry’s reviews I’m thinking a manual V6 with Touring suspension. Although I have a feeling the AMG in Touring Spec will be the “new lotus” for the Instagram generation 😉

7 hours ago, Techyd said:

It also goes to show that a lot of the time, the journalists are talking in subtle nuances but equally using strong or emotive adjectives when describing those differences; I know I forget that sometimes when reading / watching a review.  That the tyres make or break the car review goes to show basically both cars are great - choose the one YOU like 🙂 

Tyres can be changed.. if the gearshift has to be managed and not just work without issue I might just go and whack my head against a brick wall.